Meatloaf

Bay_Kat

Tropical
I make my meatloaf with a box of stove top stuffing, gives it an awesome flavor. You just use them in place of the bread or bread crumbs you'd normally use. I put fresh mushrooms in my meatloaf, sometimes I'll dice and onion and green pepper. All depends on how much work I want to do to make the meatloaf. It must be good, I've never heard anyone complain about it. Oh and I never use ketchup or tomato sauce, I always use beef gravy.

nobody really

I need a nap
you guys are talking meatloaf pretty early, eh? :howdy:

so are we lol --- bf just said meatloaf would be good for din din. Nick's makes a great meatloaf mix (hamburger/pork/veal), but i'm too far from nick's.

so i'm improvising! like baykat's idea of stuffing vs. breadcrumbs.

mmmmmm meatloaf

Roman

so are we lol --- bf just said meatloaf would be good for din din. Nick's makes a great meatloaf mix (hamburger/pork/veal), but i'm too far from nick's.

mmmmmm meatloaf
Funny...we had Meat Loaf last night. I use those little packets!

Roman

:blushing:

mmmmmm meatloaf
Funny...we had Meat Loaf last night. I use those little packets!

Bay_Kat

Tropical
Looks like we'll be having meatloaf here tonight, one of the few things that I know the leftovers will get eaten.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Nick's makes a great meatloaf mix (hamburger/pork/veal), but i'm too far from nick's.

my wife buys this in 'regular' grocery stores

is Clinton really that Far from North Beach

nobody really

I need a nap
my wife buys this in 'regular' grocery stores

is Clinton really that Far from North Beach

i'm at the bf's house in st. Mary's..

I know the packets you are talking about, but I was referring to the package of meat, they have three diff meats in one package. hamburger/veal/pork....

Bay_Kat

Tropical
i'm at the bf's house in st. Mary's..

I know the packets you are talking about, but I was referring to the package of meat, they have three diff meats in one package. hamburger/veal/pork....

I've seen that in Giant. I know they have it at my local grocery store too. The label on it says meatloaf mix or something like that.

NewsJunky

This is my recipe: Family loves it.

Meat Loaf
2-3 lbs lean hamburger
1/4 cup bread crumbs
2 eggs
3/4 cup ketchup
1 tablespoon mustard
½ cup finely chopped onion
1 tablespoon Worchestershire sauce
¼ teaspoon pepper
¼ teaspoon garlic salt
1/3 cup brown sugar

Mix all the above ingredients together. Put in baking dish. I squirt ketchup and a little mustard all over the top, and then sprinkle with more brown sugar - makes a delicious crust on top of the loaf. Bake at 375 for about 75 minutes or so.

Blister

I will never understand the practice of adding sugar to every recipe. It is the biggest cook's crutch ever. You can make a dog turd tasty with enough sugar. 3/4 cup ketchup= 41 grams of sugar. 1/3 cup brown sugar=47 grams of sugar. I want meatloaf to taste like "MEAT" with onions, peppers, mushrooms, herbs spices and seasoning, not a meatloaf shaped "TWINKIE":buddies:

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
i'm at the bf's house in st. Mary's.. { I see }

IIRC - that is what my wife buys 'Meatloaf Mix'

she gets it at Shoppers or Giant I think

I've seen that in Giant. I know they have it at my local grocery store too. The label on it says meatloaf mix or something like that.