Back To Work!

nhboy

Ubi bene ibi patria
Twitter is reporting: More than 300,000 furloughed civilian defense department employees to be called back to work, will be paid despite shutdown - @NBCNews

Last edited:

MarieB

DOD workers

Hagel says Pentagon and Justice Department attorneys have concluded that the law does allow the Department of Defense to eliminate furloughs for employees whose responsibilities contribute to the morale, well-being, capabilities and readiness of service members.
Hagel says he's directing that employees who fall under these categories be identified.
"I expect us to be able to significantly reduce -- but not eliminate -- civilian furloughs under this process," Hagel said in a statement.

Hagel: Most civilian DOD workers can return next week - CNN.com

RPMDAD

Still sounds a little vague to me.

whose responsibilities contribute to the morale, well-being, capabilities and readiness of service members.

Sounds like everything our elected officials do not like. JMHO

RPMDAD

Sorry, read your post that said @NBCNews, went to their site nbcnews.com and posted the link i saw, sorry if you saw another one.

BOP

The house has been approving funding bills. Then they die under dirty Harry's gun, who then blames republicans for not funding the government.

It never ceases to amaze me that there are people who actually believe the regimes meme. They've been well taught to hate republicans and conservatives.

nhboy

Ubi bene ibi patria
Sorry, read your post that said @NBCNews, went to their site nbcnews.com and posted the link i saw, sorry if you saw another one.

I edited the OP to show the information was reported on Twitter.