Page 5 of 66 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: Hollyrock Diesel Douchebags - step in

Quote Originally Posted by sockgirl77 View Post
    I was thinking more of Z FOR M ATION...
    Some people are like Slinkies.... not really good for anything,
    but you still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.

Quote Originally Posted by ltowngirl View Post
    These boys put a lot of money into their trucks... they want to show them off... if you don't like the smoke then roll up your windows
    Having your windows down is not a crime, spinning tires is. It is called a jackrabbit start and if a cop sees it they will get a ticket for that and possible reckless driving. When I was a lot younger I got a warning for smoking my tires. I at least had the decency to do it when no one was around, or at least I thought no one was around until I burned tires taking a right turn and there was a cop doing a speed trap from the next street up. This was the end of me smoking tires once the cop listed all the things he could have charged me with and the fines that went with those charges.

Quote Originally Posted by bcp View Post
    The new trend is turning to having as little smoke as possible.
    Smoke means you are dumping fuel, there is no gain.
    what you want is to up the power right to the point that it starts to smoke, then back off a bit to clean it up. That gives you maximum power with the minimum fuel to obtain it.

Those blowing smoke either have a mechanical problem, or they are A-Holes.

I know in a perfect world, and I dont know diesels that well, but in gas turbos, sometimes you toss extra fuel in there for charge cooling. In my Neons case, in fact, we dumped fuel during no-lift shift to keep boost pressure up. Hard on the pieces, but what a hoot.
    "I aim to misbehave."

These boys put a lot of money into their trucks... they want to show them off... if you don't like the smoke then roll up your windows

Have aa lot of money in my car, doesnt give me the right to got 170 down 235. Your "mans" right to wave his Cummins turbo dic.....I mean diesel around stops when he starts pissing of others in public places. You want suggestions, I can think of a few places easy to get to.....but I suspect they would never do that, part of the mentality that builds trucks like this demands they annoy others with their maleness.
    "I aim to misbehave."

Would these be offspring of the SOMD Racing crowd?

I Need a Life
    Quote Originally Posted by sockgirl77 View Post
    Can't wait for this thread to go on for 6 years and thousands of pages.
    You certainly are doing your best to fulfill this prophecy

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by glhs837 View Post
    I know in a perfect world, and I dont know diesels that well, but in gas turbos, sometimes you toss extra fuel in there for charge cooling. In my Neons case, in fact, we dumped fuel during no-lift shift to keep boost pressure up. Hard on the pieces, but what a hoot.
    if they are really building for power/speed, they should have already installed a new intercooler and a cold air intake to drop the fuel temperature. the cooler the fuel the higher the density.
    Fear the Government that Fears your gun.

"In my Neon"...
    Really, turn your mancard in.. "I gave me Neon power", like saying I gave my turd nuts...

Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    Would these be offspring of the SOMD Racing crowd?
    Likely not, these kids are high school aged and have lots of mommy and daddy money.

Quote Originally Posted by JosephIV View Post
    I'm sure you're referring to the car guys. I don't personally know them. I do know who some are and unfortunately know many of the douchebag things that they have done in their cars and in their peronal lives since some of their "friends" tended to run their mouths behind their backs to myself and others not associated with the car crowd. None of which matters to me. It was their driving that affected myself and the rest of us. I'm sure many of them are upstanding people. Many are not. The actions of the few painted the group in an unflattering light.

The Hollyrock Diesel sticker guys are another matter. They are advertising a business (is it still operating?) and showing everyone around that the business' clientele is a bunch of inconsiderate douchebags. You don't get a second chance to make a first impression. When someone with a Hollyrock sticker drives normally many of us are still going to lump them in with the douchebags which is unfortunate.
    Yeah the car guys. I know we had some people who would come down and act like douches then roll out, this would bring the cops, who would then look at us bad. I am not saying that the regulars did nothing wrong, because yes we did have some douche bags that would come around. However the majority of us would just go to hang out, talk cars and relax.

So yes I would agree that the few douche bags did give the group as a whole a bad image.

These Hollyrock kids are a different breed. Wannabe redneck thugs with plenty of their parents money to dump on their toys. It does not give them an excuse to act like douchebags and it gives those of us who modify their vehicles for a purpose a bad name/image. I think I know one of them and if it is the same guy he is still living in high school and is really a POS.

I put money into my truck for things like actual off roading, hell I'm scared if I floor it the thing might fall apart.
    "If he were to pat you on the back, you would list in on your resume"

10. 10-07-2013, 04:23 PM

Amount of F##Ks given, 0 afjess1989's Avatar

Question

How about those "boys" put money into moving out of their parents basement and stop acting like douchenozzles.

I'm taking a shot in the dark....but are you one of the kids that hang out in mckays parking lot or the Exxon in leonardtown?

It was funny to watch y'all run for the hills when LOE showed up at the Exxon one night.
    "I dont always vote, but when i do I vote for whoever can handle their shenanigans better. "

Members who have read this thread: 3