Obamacare - Maryland Edition

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Maryland Says It Has 326 Enrollees in Health Exchange - Washington Wire - WSJ
Excerpts:

The state of Maryland says it has thousands of people interested in buying health insurance on its new state-run exchange, but only 326 so far have actually enrolled in new coverage.

The state said 13,532 accounts with verified identity were created as of Sunday evening, and it has seen 170,000 unique visitors to the website. But only 326 people were actually enrolled in new health-insurance plans.

awpitt

Main Streeter
Maryland Says It Has 326 Enrollees in Health Exchange - Washington Wire - WSJ
Excerpts:

The state of Maryland says it has thousands of people interested in buying health insurance on its new state-run exchange, but only 326 so far have actually enrolled in new coverage.

The state said 13,532 accounts with verified identity were created as of Sunday evening, and it has seen 170,000 unique visitors to the website. But only 326 people were actually enrolled in new health-insurance plans.

The open enrollment period goes until March 15th. No reason for people to rush into it.

Chris0nllyn

But, but... if you don't have health insurance, why wouldn't you rush it???

For real.

Save the children! :cds:

According to the article, they are adding less than 41 people per day.

If that rate keeps up, they'll have about 7,300 people signed up.

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
My son who works part time while going to school full time was given a piece of paper to sign at work that stated he would sign up on healthcare.gov. They were forcing everyone to sign the sheet. He told them he already is covered and they were in his face saying it was corporate policy and he HAD to sign up no matter what. I called them told them that only people who did not have insurance were required to sign in and accept/decline and that he was covered on mine until age 21 and his father's until age 26.

They backed down on him but several others (that didn't need it because they were covered on their parents insurance) had already been forced to sign up. Minimum wage, 20 hours a week employees will be paying over $100 a paycheck.

Somewhere in the multitude of sign in questions it should have asked them if they already had insurance and what type and then told them they were exempt, but it didn't.

I wonder if they can get out of it now.

Chris0nllyn

My son who works part time while going to school full time was given a piece of paper to sign at work that stated he would sign up on healthcare.gov. They were forcing everyone to sign the sheet. He told them he already is covered and they were in his face saying it was corporate policy and he HAD to sign up no matter what. I called them told them that only people who did not have insurance were required to sign in and accept/decline and that he was covered on mine until age 21 and his father's until age 26.

They backed down on him but several others (that didn't need it because they were covered on their parents insurance) had already been forced to sign up. Minimum wage, 20 hours a week employees will be paying over $100 a paycheck.

Somewhere in the multitude of sign in questions it should have asked them if they already had insurance and what type and then told them they were exempt, but it didn't.

I wonder if they can get out of it now.

I believe you can't opt out until the next open enrollment.

I'm stuck paying $200 a month in taxes alone due to domestic partnership insurance.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
I believe you can't opt out until the next open enrollment.
*Most* insurance companies allow a 30-day grace period. Meaning, you have to sign up w/in 30 days and during that time you can make changes, if needed. I would imagine this is the same, especially in MD.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Maybe this is why all those people logged on but didn't sign up.

Maryland Obamacare Exchange: 'No Doctors Are Found' | The Weekly Standard

Search for your physician. If you are interested in understanding which health plans a particular doctor participates in, please visit https://providersearch.crisphealth.org – a new service sponsored by Maryland Health Connection. For the time being, doctors and other providers are not yet available in Maryland Health Connection; therefore, if you choose to search for them on the website, you will receive a message that “no doctors are found” message.

stgislander

PREMO Member
Evergreen Health Cooperative seems to be popular with the Leonardtown physicians registered so far.

No biggie. Information shared is information learned. :kiss:

Speaking of info shared...:eyebrow:

Obamacare Marketplace: Personal Data Can Be Used For
The policy contains many standard statements about information automatically collected regarding Internet browsers and IP addresses, temporary "cookies" used by the site, and website accessibility. However, at least two conditions may give some users pause before proceeding.

The first is regarding personal information submitted with an application for those users who follow through on the sign up process all the way to the end. The policy states that all information to help in applying for coverage and even for making a payment will be kept strictly confidential and only be used to carry out the function of the marketplace. There is, however, an exception: "[W]e may share information provided in your application with the appropriate authorities for law enforcement and audit activities."

The second privacy term that may prompt caution by users relates to email communications. The policy reads:

If you send us an e-mail, we use the information you send us to respond to your inquiry. E-mail correspondence may become a public record. As a public record, your correspondence could be disclosed to other parties upon their request in accordance with Maryland’s Public Information Act.

edinsomd

Speaking of info shared...:eyebrow:

Obamacare Marketplace: Personal Data Can Be Used For
The policy contains many standard statements about information automatically collected regarding Internet browsers and IP addresses, temporary "cookies" used by the site, and website accessibility. However, at least two conditions may give some users pause before proceeding.

The first is regarding personal information submitted with an application for those users who follow through on the sign up process all the way to the end. The policy states that all information to help in applying for coverage and even for making a payment will be kept strictly confidential and only be used to carry out the function of the marketplace. There is, however, an exception: "[W]e may share information provided in your application with the appropriate authorities for law enforcement and audit activities."

The second privacy term that may prompt caution by users relates to email communications. The policy reads:

If you send us an e-mail, we use the information you send us to respond to your inquiry. E-mail correspondence may become a public record. As a public record, your correspondence could be disclosed to other parties upon their request in accordance with Maryland’s Public Information Act.

Got beat with this one, too.
*kicks rock*