US Adults the Dumbest

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Actually after some conversations on here yesterday, I really believe this. So many people I seem to be encountering lately are completely unable to think for themselves. They are unable to make logical decisions. They are unable to research facts and history. They don't know their history. It's absolutely pathetic.

If the forums aren't enough of an example of the truth in this study, I was channel surfing on Sunday and saw Chris Wallace interviewing Lew. Wallace presented facts and figures from history and Lew replied "the history is wrong". WTF? I just gave up on the tv after that.

US adults are dumber than the average human | New York Post
Excerpt:
Among the other findings:

-Japan, Finland, Canada, Netherlands, Australia, Sweden, Norway, Flanders-Belgium, Czech Republic, Slovak Republic, and Korea all scored significantly higher than the United States in all three areas on the test.

-The average scores in literacy range from 250 in Italy to 296 in Japan. The US average score was 270. (500 was the highest score in all three areas.) Average scores in 12 countries were higher than the average US score.

-The average scores in math range from 246 in Spain to 288 in Japan. The US average score was 253, below 18 other countries.

-The average scores on problem solving in technology-rich environments ranged from 275 in Poland to 294 in Japan. The US average score was 277, below 14 other countries.

Vince

Hell, they push these kids out of High School and half of them can't even read above the elementary level if they can read at all. No wonder this country is heading for a pile of sh!t.

Toxick

Splat

We've been dumbing down the education system in this country for decades.
Frankly, I'm amazed that most US Adults are even capable of standing erect, much less allowed to leave their homes without protective head gear.

You reap what you sew. Congratulations folks. Your idiocracy is in bloom.

I'm may move my family to Iceland or Japan or something before the Garbage Avalanche strikes.

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
Frankly, I'm amazed that most US Adults are even capable of standing erect, much less allowed to leave their homes without protective head gear.

I'm may move my family to Iceland or Japan or something before the Garbage Avalanche strikes.

sow* :huggy:

Pete

Repete
See I know math. I know enough math to know that if we just reclassify the lower 33% of our students to something else like, "Youth Life Interns" and not include them in the study we would rocket up.

Toxick

Splat

I guess I'm not immune to the creeping illiteracy that runs rampant.

:dork:

I have already ordered my protective headgear online, and I have thrown out all my pens and pencils in favor of finger paints, and big oversized crayons. Non-toxic, in case I accidentally eat one.

dontknowwhy

I.....2 in one post Tox?

NO GLUE FOR YOU!!!!