8 lawmakers arrested at immigration rally

Bay_Kat

Tropical
Nationwide demonstrations calling for comprehensive immigration reform culminated with a rally in Washington on Tuesday to forcefully press lawmakers to overhaul the nation’s immigration laws this year.

In an attempt to ramp up the heat on their colleagues, eight members of Congress joined advocacy leaders and were arrested in a show of civil disobedience designed to send a message to act on immigration reform – an issue that has so far stalled on Capitol Hill amid a showdown over fiscal policy.

Read more: 8 lawmakers arrested at immigration rally - Seung Min Kim - POLITICO.com

Nice. Amazing the shutdown didn't affect this mess.

Sweet 16

^^8^^
A reporter asked Pelosi if she was going over to the WWII memorial with the Vets after she finished up with the illegals and she said, "No, I'm not going to grandstand", or something like that. Really? What do you call canoodling with ILLEGAL ALIENS on Federal property that is closed to American citizens?!? These people (Congress) need to be waterboarded. :smack:

DynaDink

A reporter asked Pelosi if she was going over to the WWII memorial with the Vets after she finished up with the illegals and she said, "No, I'm not going to grandstand", or something like that. Really? What do you call canoodling with ILLEGAL ALIENS on Federal property that is closed to American citizens?!? These people (Congress) need to be waterboarded. :smack:

Better solution - lead poisoning.

bcp

In My Opinion
It not only didn't affect that mess... we installed 100 port-a-potties for them on closed federal property.

having witnessed illegal taco eating landscapers, I ask, Why the need for port-a-potties? from what I can guess, they just go behind a bush and take a dump.

really not the cleanest of people.

Vince

It not only didn't affect that mess... we installed 100 port-a-potties for them on closed federal property.
Our own legal US citizens we're keeping out of anything closed down, but illegals, we just let them do as they please and even provide facilities for them. :doh: effing amazing.

terbear1225

gotta say, I am torn on this one. I absolutely DO NOT think this rally should have been allowed on federal property that is shut down to the public but there is a need for immigration reform. NOT amnesty for those who are already breaking the laws but a more clear process for earning citizenship in general.