I like my beer like I like my violence: domestic

Misfit

Lawful neutral
Texas Bar Employee Makes Joke of Domestic Violence - ABC News

Minibar in Austin, Texas, has found itself in the middle of a domestic violence controversy after an employee posted a sign outside the bar that read, “I like my beer like I like my violence: domestic.”

“I walked by the sign on Friday night, and my first response was just anger,” Kulandaisamy said. “I currently am a volunteer at the women’s shelter in Austin, so my sensitivity is extra high, but I think my reaction would have been the same regardless. Not only was it offensive, but it was also just bad humor.”

Larry Gude

Strung Out
“I walked by the sign on Friday night, and my first response was just anger,” Kulandaisamy said. “I currently am a volunteer at the women’s shelter in Austin, so my sensitivity is extra high, but I think my reaction would have been the same regardless. Not only was it offensive, but it was also just bad humor.”

I am wondering about the propriety of having someone work in an abuse shelter that angers so easily.

nomoney

Texas Bar Employee Makes Joke of Domestic Violence - ABC News

Minibar in Austin, Texas, has found itself in the middle of a domestic violence controversy after an employee posted a sign outside the bar that read, “I like my beer like I like my violence: domestic.”

Sounds like that woman needs to be slapped around a few times, knock a sense of humor into her.

MMDad

Lem Putt
my wife allows me to have friends, unlike how you treat yours

:whistle:

Your wife lets you have girlfriends? Wow, too bad for you there aren't any takers.

It's not unusual not to want your spouse to be hit on by a lying hypocrite. In fact, most marriages don't include the wife having flings. If yours does, that's your choice, but I don't share your views.