Cleveland Indians - Racist

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Racism of Sports Logos Put Into Context By American Indian Group

CLEVELAND (CBS CLEVELAND/AP) – An American Indian organization has shed new light on the context of how offensive and racist sports team images like the Cleveland Indians and Washington Redskins is to their community.

The National Congress of American Indians (NCAI) published a powerful poster featuring two baseball hats that each have a stereotypical racist image of a Jewish man and Chinese man to show it has the same connotation as the Cleveland Indians. The hats were titled “New York Jews” and “San Francisco Chinamen.”

The quote on the poster reads, ”No race, creed or religion should endure the ridicule faced by the Native Americans today. Please help us put an end to this mockery and racism by visiting www.ncai.org“.

so is this a solution looking for a problem, dialing for dollars ... or is somebody really that thin skinned ......

Cleveland Whitey's

:shrug:

jg21

Notre Dame better get rid of that ugly, hurtful "Fighting Irish" name, which disparages my proud Irish heritage. If they don't, I may have to fi.... Oh wait.

CrashTest

If I was a Jew, that would be awesome to have a baseball team called the New York Jews. The only problem is that non jews would whine and want their own team too.

limblips

PREMO Member
I have petitioned PETA to look in to getting sports teams to get rid of animals in their names and and as mascots. No animal should have to bear the shame of having their name attached to the Jacksonville Jaguars, Carolina Panthers, Philadelphia Eagles.......

Vince

Ya'll don't have to worry, obamy's got a handle on getting the Redskins name changed. I'm sure he'll get around to changing the rest of those bad, racist team names. :sarcasm:

Last edited:

Chris0nllyn

I hope no pirates get mad at the Buccaneers.

Bunch of angry Somalians running around Tampa can't be good for biz.

donbarzini

If I was a Jew, that would be awesome to have a baseball team called the New York Jews. The only problem is that non jews would whine and want their own team too.

A New York Jew complaining about someone whining? I'll take "Irony" for $300 Alex.

OldHillcrestGuy

Cleveland Browns. :shrug:

Cinncinati Redlegs Redskins, Redlegs whats the difference? lol

I guess they have dropped the Redleg part and now call themselves the Reds. Skins could become Washington Reds. They wouldnt have to change Hail To The Redskins' too much.

But my vote is to keep the name Redskins.

Last edited:
C

czygvtwkr

so is this a solution looking for a problem, dialing for dollars ... or is somebody really that thin skinned ......

Cleveland Whitey's

:shrug:

I've been to Cleveland, they can't honestly use that name.

USWWarrior

It's a Jeep thang!
Cleveland Browns. :shrug:

Cinncinati Redlegs Redskins, Redlegs whats the difference? lol

I guess they have dropped the Redleg part and now call themselves the Reds. Skins could become Washington Reds. They wouldnt have to change Hail To The Redskins' too much.

But my vote is to keep the name Redskins.

As I posted in a previous forum subject:

I am not a Redskins fan by any stretch of the means. But this is getting totally out of control by todays ability for people to hide behind a keyboard and create something out of nothing.

I personally hope little Danny boy shows just how much balls he really has. If he does, I am sure the tide of respect will turn dramatically in his favor by all the Redskin fans.

However IF he caves and they change, then I am going to petition the NFL to have the Clelveland Browns change their name too. The terms "Browns" is offensive to all of the illegal immigrants in this country from the country to the south of us. They are voting now, they can get a license, they will be given immunity, geez, even California is trying to allow them to sit on a jury. So why we as a politically correct country would offend them by having a football team named after the color of their skin.

Then when I am done with that, I will petition every college that has the word "fightin" in their name. We are a loving country now so there is no need for the sports team to indicate violence.

Then when I am done with that I will have all team names removed. All teams should be just be called by the city they play in, nothing else. That way the only people offended will be the fans of the lousy teams.

:sarcasm:

This is just totally unreal to even be having this discussion. Of course our fearless leader purposely provoked this in a interview to appease his base. But yet he cannot even manage or lead anything besides a wet paper bag.

CaneCorso

Ya'll don't have to worry, obamy's got a handle on getting the Redskins name changed. I'm sure he'll get around to changing the rest of those bad, racist team names. :sarcasm:

With obamy's track record of f_cking things up if I was a Redskins fan I'd be happy he supports the change...