Oba-me Care and Credit Scores .....

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
someone I think BCP mentioned this was going to be an issue NO ONE Considered

Credit scores impact new Affordable Care Act insurance plans

ORLANDO, Fla. -
Many people signing up for health care in Florida through the Affordable Care Act have been shocked when they have to give proof of their credit score before they finish the process.

Anne Packham, one of many people licensed by the state to help people navigate the government's website, said on Tuesday that the credit check occurs so providers can make an educated decision about who to insure.

"If someone is defaulting on all of their bills they may not want to have them as part of their health plan," said Packham, the lead Navigator in Florida.

Participants with low credit scores could end up paying higher premiums, according to Packham, who said that ultimately the insurance company makes the call.

The government website healthcare.gov has regularly been bogged down, oftentimes showing users a message saying, "We have a lot of visitors on the site."

"We have a mixed bag right now," said Packham, referring to users being able to successfully navigate the site.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Let me get this straight... the less likely you are to be able to afford it, the more you have to pay?

It just gets better and better.

Now who is still supporting this? :crazy:

It is pretty ironic that a lot of people have sucky credit scores because they were put in financial dire straights from having medical issues while uninsured or underinsured.

Top 5 Reasons Why People Go Bankrupt - Yahoo Finance

1. Medical Expenses

A study done at Harvard University indicates that this is the biggest cause of bankruptcy, representing 62% of all personal bankruptcies. One of the interesting caveats of this study shows that 78% of filers had some form of health insurance, thus bucking the myth that medical bills affect only the uninsured.

Rare or serious diseases or injuries can easily result in hundreds of thousands of dollars in medical bills - bills that can quickly wipe out savings and retirement accounts, college education funds and home equity. Once these have been exhausted, bankruptcy may be the only shelter left, regardless of whether the patient or his or her family was able to apply health coverage to a portion of the bill or not.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Let me get this straight... the less likely you are to be able to afford it, the more you have to pay?

It just gets better and better.

Now who is still supporting this? :crazy:

All the folks who have figured out how to exploit it. Even the biggest Obama-droid knows damn well that health care, in total dollars, that the ACA is a gold rush, that there WILL be WAY more overall dollars in the sector.

And, like banks, the thieves will go where the money is.

DynaDink

Experian is maintaining the website for the ACA. Imagine that, your credit rating has to come into play as part of qualifying.

Last edited: