Home Builders

CandaceMM

Ummmmm ....
Hubby and I are weighing the option of buying land and building a house versus buying a house that's already been built.

We found a plan that we really like and we'd like to get pricing and meet with a few different builders.

Any recommendations on builders or builders we should stay away from?

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
We just bought a house built by Quality Built Homes, seems like very good craftsmanship and a lot of attention to detail throughout.

abcxyz

We just bought a house built by Quality Built Homes, seems like very good craftsmanship and a lot of attention to detail throughout.

Call ask for "Clem". Tell them you demand to work with him or are going to have to use another builder.

On a serious note, buy an existing home, re-model it with your flavor to make it your own and you'll most likely be way ahead of the game than building.

FISHTAIL

Coordinating the Truth

Although we have heard good things about QBH, we didn't go with them because they weren't building anywhere we were looking at the time. I've also heard good things about Southernwood.

We went with Marrick and have been pleased.

kneecoal

Stay away from Feicht Contracting. We started building over a year ago and they're still not done with the house. Can't get them to come back and finish everything.

FISHTAIL

Coordinating the Truth

I dunno about Bob Green. This could be an isolated incident, but I have a family member that used them for some remodeling work, and they installed the wrong garage door (no big deal you'd think), but when it was pointed out to them, they basically told my family tough *hit, deal with it. They refused to replace the door with the one that was supposed to be ordered. They also did a really lousy job installing the trim around the garage door, affixing it on top of the existing siding, which is NOT where it belongs.

I'm sure it's possible that this was an isolated incident, but I would never do business with a company that tells me to "deal with it" when they order something incorrectly. I can't even imagine what it would be like to deal with them for an entire custom home project.

If you want custom built, there are better options IMO.