Obama wants Marines to wear ‘girly’ hats

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Obama wants Marines to wear ‘girly’ hats

A change to the Marine Corps’ uniform hats could take the hard-nosed Leathernecks from the Halls of Montezuma to the shops of Christopher Street.

Thanks to a plan by President Obama to create a “unisex” look for the Corps, officials are on the verge of swapping out the Marines’ iconic caps with a new hat that some have derided as so “girly” that they would make the French blush.

“We don’t even have enough funding to buy bullets, and the DoD is pushing to spend $8 million on covers that look like women’s hats!” one senior Marine source fumed to The Post. “The Marines deserve better. It makes them look ridiculous.”

The thin new hats have a feminine line that some officials think would make them look just as good on female marines as on males — in keeping with the Obama directive.

They have been dubbed the “Dan Daly” hat, after a sergeant from Long Island who won the Medal of Honor in World War I.
But some Marines love the old hat, which has been in use since 1922 and think the new hat is a glorified “porter’s cap.”

“The Dan Daly cap looks too French, and the last people we want to associate our Marines with would be the French military,” wrote one commenter on the Marine Times Web site.

Tech

They sorta look like a New York City Fire Dept dress uniform hat. Looks okay on the female. Let the women wear the new and the men wear the old.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
It's a called a phucking COVER you shiatbirds!

COVER
COVER
COVER

It's not a hat, it's not a cap, it's not a fedora nor is it a bowler.

IT IS A COVER!!!

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
The United States Marines shall now be referred to as Cover Girls.

I'm going to tell your neighbor, Mr. T about this!! I will be seeing him this weekend. (I think)

The next thing you know they'll have to hold umbrellas for ... oh, as you were.:doh:

nhboy

Ubi bene ibi patria
"Girly" Hats?

Link to original article.

More here.

"or all Marines could begin wearing new “Dan Daly caps,” according to a Marine news release. Daly caps feature a smaller crown, similar to the cover worn by two-time Medal of Honor recipient Sgt. Maj. Dan Daly, known best for his World War I exploits at Belleau Wood."

Attachments

• dan_daly2.jpg
    dan_daly2.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 101

Toxick

Splat
Thanks to a plan by President Obama to create a “unisex” look for the Corps, officials are on the verge of swapping out the Marines’ iconic caps with a new hat that some have derided as so “girly” that they would make the French blush.

A head is a head.

Unless they're wearing their covers on their penises, the ####ing things are already Unisex.

Dumbass.

Last edited:

itsrequired

That's really odd that Obama is making them do that especially since both the Navy and Marine Corps have Uniform Boards that make recommendations to uniform changes that go through CNO, at least in the Navy's case, for his/her approval. What's even odder is that several articles said that a survey was being sent out to the Marines requesting their feedback on several uniform changes including this new cover.

I don't like Obama at all, but Jesus Ch*st do these people ever stop? They lose credibility when they try to blame the stupidist sh*t on him.

BOP

Oh, but it gets worse (ps: the covers on the females look okay; on the males, it looks gay).

Gender-neutral Ford layout nixes urinals | Marine Corps Times | marinecorpstimes.com

For the first time, the Navy has designed an aircraft carrier with women in mind. Gerald R. Ford-class carriers will have gender-neutral berthing and heads without urinals, differentiating them from all previous carriers.

These design details, provided only to Navy Times, give an early look at the amenities planned for the new carrier class, the first of which will hit the fleet in 2015.

kickstand

De omnibus dubitandum est
Nothing to see here folks....move along...

The story is sweeping the Internet: President Barack Obama is trying to emasculate male Marines by making them wear a girly cover with their famed dress uniforms. The only problem? It’s not true.

First, some background: Men and women in the Marine Corps currently wear different types of covers as part of their dress and service uniforms. The manufacturer of the women’s “bucket cover” – which has a distinctly different shape than the men’s cover – is going out of business and will not continue to make the cap, according to the Marine Corps.

Marines shoot down Internet story on Obama