A good day for Texas women

nhboy

Ubi bene ibi patria
Link to original article.

"In a big win for abortion rights — not to mention common sense — a federal judge on Monday gutted a portion of a new Texas law that would have forced the closure of many abortion clinics by requiring their doctors to have unnecessary admitting privileges with local hospitals.

The ostensible point of the law, House Bill 2, versions of which have been successfully challenged in several other abortion-unfriendly states, is to make the procedure safer for women. That’s disingenuous. First-trimester abortions are extremely safe. Laws like these are part of the religious right’s never-ending strategy to restrict access to abortion in order to end it.

This was the law that made a celebrity out of Texas' Democratic state Sen. Wendy Davis after she filibustered it for 13 hours in June. She’s since announced she’s running for the Democratic nomination for governor. Presumably, she'll face Texas Atty. Gen. Greg Abbott, a defendant on the losing side of this case, which was brought by the ACLU, Planned Parenthood of Texas, the Center for Reproductive Rights and some Texas abortion clinic owners.

In his 26-page opinion, U.S. District Court Judge Lee Yeakel said the law was unconstitutional, as it put an undue burden on women exercising their unrestrictable right to first-trimester abortions.

Also, he concluded, it was completely unnecessary. "

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
:yahoo: Yayyyyy doctors don't need access to advanced life support when they're killing a baby.
It's just common sense that this can be done in a barn

dontknowwhy

everyday, you offer up more proof why I support abortion & believe you were & still are a perfect candidate for such a procedure, BOY

bcp

In My Opinion
Actually, I think its a good thing.
When the abortion doctor screws up and the woman is in danger of dying, it will be comforting to know that that doctor has no rights at a hospital where they might be able to save her life.

Huge step for woman.

puggymom

When the abortion doctor screws up and the woman is in danger of dying, it will be comforting to know that that doctor has no rights at a hospital where they might be able to save her life.

Huge step for woman.

My question is why does it matter. Let's say something happens. Because the specific dr doesn't have 'admitting rights' the er can refuse her? They cannot even refuse people who cannot pay.

I wish they would just call a spade a spade and say we do not agree with abortion and since we cannot make it illegal we will create ridiculous regulations to make it near impossible to get. At least I would respect that. I might not agree but at least you're being honest.

Last edited:

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member

Huge step for woman.

How is that a big deal, she's still exactly the same length ambulance ride away from the hospital?

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
My question is why does it matter. Let's say something happens. Because the specific dr doesn't have 'admitting rights' the er can refuse her? They cannot even refuse people who cannot pay.

I wish they would just call a spade a spade and say we do agree with abortion and since we cannot make it illegal we will create ridiculous regulations to make it near impossible to get. At least I would respect that. I might not agree but at least you're being honest.

Honesty and politics have never had more than a nodding acquaintance.

daileyck1

I wish they would just call a spade a spade and say we do not agree with abortion and since we cannot make it illegal we will create ridiculous regulations to make it near impossible to get. At least I would respect that. I might not agree but at least you're being honest.

Spot on, it is the only way to get around the law.

Vince

For who? Certainly not the baby.

But, you go on... continue to butcher our most innocent at will.
And yet these same people will scream bloody murder if some POS is tried, found guilty of murder, given a death sentence and executed. UFB

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
And yet these same people will scream bloody murder if some POS is tried, found guilty of murder, given a death sentence and executed. UFB

Kill babies, not criminals! :yahoo:

You have to wonder what people are thinking when they come up with this stupid chit.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad

The abortion had to be close to a hospital now it doesn't

puggymom

Not me:D
Some people are just complete POS wastes of air. I wish we would put people down like we do vicious dogs.

Last edited:

puggymom

The abortion had to be close to a hospital now it doesn't

Did the law require them to be performed in hospitals or that the Dr have admitting rights? I was under the impression that it was the admitting rights part.
Abortions are usually outpatient procedures. I had an outpatient procedure (ablation. ..best thing ever! ) and it was done in my drs office. If something unexpected happened, like Merlin stated, it would be the same distance to the hospital whether my dr had admitting rights or not.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
why do you hate women ......

The Fifth Circuit Rules In Favor Of Women’s Health and Life

Earlier in the year a ditzy Texas state senator became a national cause celebre (see Abortion Rights Under Fire: Why Wendy Davis’ Filibuster Matters) when she undertook a filibuster of a Texas bill that, in reaction to the Kermit Gosnell case (see Tom Ridge: Unindicted Co-conspirator) made abortion practitioners at least pretend to be a part of the medical profession. The bill ultimately passed in a special session and was immediately appealed on two grounds by Planned Parenthood.

They objected on two basic grounds: that the requirement that the abortionist have admitting privileges at a hospital within 30 miles and that the abortionist must be qualified in the field of obstetrics and gynecology, and that any use of the abortion pill be done according the protocol approved by the Food and Drug Administration.

They did not ask for an injunction based on the law requiring abortuaries meet the same physical specifications as urgent care clinics and it did not challenge the law outlawing any abortion after 20 weeks.

To a lay person these requirements leaves one scratching their head as to why anyone who cared in the least about the health of women could object. But Planned Parenthood is not in the women’s health business. They are in the business of killing babies, preferably those what are neither white nor affluent, and of collecting rent from various governmental entities for doing so.

On October 28, a federal judge granted their request for an injunction via a bizarrely reasoned decision that was notable for not mentioning Texas’ point of view or witnesses. Sean Davis pointed out at the time in a prescient analysis of this ruling titled 3 Reasons Why the Texas Abortion Ruling is a Complete Mess at The Federalist.

Texas immediately appealed and, on October 31, in what may very well be the shortest injunction in the history of abortion litigation a panel of the Fifth Circuit vacated the injunction and allowed Texas to enforce its law. Again from Sean Davis in Federal Appeals Court Reinstates Major Portion of New Texas Abortion Law:

so much for the Gutting of the new LAW :killingme

... I would not expect a follow up
so abortion mills can keep killing WOMEN ...