I didn't say what I said

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
What I actually said when you heard me say "“Now if you had one of these plans before the Affordable Care Act came into law and you really liked that plan, you can keep it PERIOD" was actually “Now if you had one of these plans before the Affordable Care Act came into law and you really liked that plan, what we said was you can keep it if it hasn’t changed since the law passed.”

...... and these are not the droids you're looking for

Obama adds explainer to 'You can keep it' mantra - POLITICO.com

struggler44

A Salute to all on Watch
What I actually said when you heard me say "“Now if you had one of these plans before the Affordable Care Act came into law and you really liked that plan, you can keep it PERIOD" was actually “Now if you had one of these plans before the Affordable Care Act came into law and you really liked that plan, what we said was you can keep it if it hasn’t changed since the law passed.”

...... and these are not the droids you're looking for

Obama adds explainer to 'You can keep it' mantra - POLITICO.com

Can I get another glass of that kool-aid please?

Rommey

There's a whole lot of difference between saying:

“Now if you had one of these plans before the Affordable Care Act came into law and you really liked that plan, you can keep it PERIOD."

and

“Now if you had one of these plans before the Affordable Care Act came into law and you really liked that plan, you can keep it COMMA..."

These guys are just pathological liars...either then or now.

Bay_Kat

Tropical
Another one dancing around what Obama said about a dozen times.

SCHIEFFER: The president said in the beginning that one thing was that if you liked the health care program you had, you could keep it. We now know there was debate within the administration before he said that as to whether that was actually a promise that could be kept. Should the president not have made that statement?

FEINSTEIN: Well, as I understand it, you can keep it up to the time — and I hope this is correct, but this is what I’ve been told — up to the time the bill was enacted, and after that, it’s a different story. That part of it, if true, was never made clear.

The PJ Tatler » Feinstein’s New Spin: We Meant to Say, You Could Keep Your Healthcare — Until We Passed Obamacare

mamatutu

mama to two
There's a whole lot of difference between saying:

“Now if you had one of these plans before the Affordable Care Act came into law and you really liked that plan, you can keep it PERIOD."

and

“Now if you had one of these plans before the Affordable Care Act came into law and you really liked that plan, you can keep it COMMA..."

These guys are just pathological liars...either then or now.

Yes, and they don't care about the lies, and they just tell more lies to cover the lies. They rely on many Americans' ignorance, and complacency. The Obama administration is driven to its core with that 'in your face' attitude, and they truly don't care about US/us; only their despicable agenda. Shove it down their throats! The only way it will stop is for Americans to rise up and vote these people out which is going to prove to be very difficult, for many reasons.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
This is why they delayed the corporate mandate.
Every body else will lose their health care next year

mamatutu

mama to two

And, that isn't even a true statement... What Obama means to say is 'if you had a plan before the ACA came into law, you can keep it, if it follows the guidelines of the ACA, and includes maternity care, and shiat that you don't even need'. Obama will be making many more statements to keep furthering the lies, and continuing his usual 'cover-up modus operandi'.

PsyOps

Pixelated
It doesn’t matter. Obama knows most folks aren’t paying attention; most folks don’t care. Watch the VA election tomorrow and you’ll see.

mamatutu

mama to two
It doesn’t matter. Obama knows most folks aren’t paying attention; most folks don’t care. Watch the VA election tomorrow and you’ll see.

I said to my husband tonight, maybe there will be an upset in VA tomorrow. Not that Cuccinelli is a stellar candidate, but, at least, he is not a liberal/progressive Dem. And, btw, McAuliffe is as crooked as they come, but y'all already knew that.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
And, that isn't even a true statement... What Obama means to say is 'if you had a plan before the ACA came into law, you can keep it, if it follows the guidelines of the ACA, and includes maternity care, and shiat that you don't even need'. Obama will be making many more statements to keep furthering the lies, and continuing his usual 'cover-up modus operandi'.

What Obama means to say is "STFU and do what you're told"

GW8345

Not White House Approved
Let me just get to the point, barry is nothing but a lying sack of chit and anyone who believes in what he has said for the past five years needs to be committed.

Hell, his first act in office was a lie........Gitmo is still open and I don't see anyone rushing to close it like he promised.

Bottom line, this guy is a liar and the people who voted for him are the most ignorant beings on the plant, even dogs have a higher IQ.

And to all those who voted for him and are now regretting it.....how's that hope and change working out for ya........thanks for making the rest of our lives miserable so you can say you helped elect the first black president.....you eff'ing loser.

PsyOps

Pixelated
I said to my husband tonight, maybe there will be an upset in VA tomorrow. Not that Cuccinelli is a stellar candidate, but, at least, he is not a liberal/progressive Dem. And, btw, McAuliffe is as crooked as they come, but y'all already knew that.

Democrats took control of congress in ’05 not based on any real political plan or strategy. They took control on the simple premise of name recognition. They voted against anything ‘Bush’ because they believed Bush lied to everyone. By that standard, all that is needed is voting based on association. Obama lied, people died. Yet he still stands strong.

But more than that because democrats concocted a good message to that effect. They count on a completely ignorant, complacent, and willing populace to believe that Obama, NO MATTER WHAT, stands for the greater good and republicans stand for all that is evil. They have a superior message to that end. I truly believe Obama could start murdering people at will and people will be okay with it. When you can so blatantly lie and the people and still win, the only thing left is an ignorant and complacent people.

The Virginia election will speak loudly to this.

mamatutu

mama to two
Democrats took control of congress in ’05 not based on any real political plan or strategy. They took control on the simple premise of name recognition. They voted against anything ‘Bush’ because they believed Bush lied to everyone. By that standard, all that is needed is voting based on association. Obama lied, people died. Yet he still stands strong.

But more than that because democrats concocted a good message to that effect. They count on a completely ignorant, complacent, and willing populace to believe that Obama, NO MATTER WHAT, stands for the greater good and republicans stand for all that is evil. They have a superior message to that end. I truly believe Obama could start murdering people at will and people will be okay with it. When you can so blatantly lie and the people and still win, the only thing left is an ignorant and complacent people.

The Virginia election will speak loudly to this.

I know you are probably right. One still must hope for change; and not of the Obama kind! Off topic. Why is the Whitehouse still closed to the American people? That got lost in the shuffle of all the other crap that Obama has spawned.

mamatutu

mama to two
Let me just get to the point, barry is nothing but a lying sack of chit and anyone who believes in what he has said for the past five years needs to be committed.

Hell, his first act in office was a lie........Gitmo is still open and I don't see anyone rushing to close it like he promised.

Bottom line, this guy is a liar and the people who voted for him are the most ignorant beings on the plant, even dogs have a higher IQ.

And to all those who voted for him and are now regretting it.....how's that hope and change working out for ya........thanks for making the rest of our lives miserable so you can say you helped elect the first black president.....you eff'ing loser.

Thank you for saying it in plain old English. Now, I don't have to stick my head out of the window, and say, 'I am as mad as hell, I am not going to take it anymore!' :lol: It is really not funny, but we will get through this; whatever it takes. :buddies:

mamatutu

mama to two
That's what the Jews in Germany said in 1933

Yes, your comment is pretty far out, man! But, other great nation/empires have crumbled. I do believe that many Americans think the unthinkable cannot happen. My husband (former military) says that the military would never comply/assist in a takeover, so to speak. I want to believe him. I guess we won't know, unless the poop truly hits the air circulating apparatus. :patriot:

Also, what I am deducing from Obamacare, so far, is that many millions of Americans will be screwed out of their existing insurance, just to insure the few million that don't have it. And, a great percentage of those few million had no intention of working/deserving to get it, anyway. (I know some are truly in need, and I exclude them). Another freebie that may be the first giant step, as opposed to the baby steps, thus far, that are leading to the downfall of our great country. When it is all said, and done, Obamacare will have taken away more insurance, than it will provide to all Americans.

Last edited:

LibertyBeacon

Unto dust we shall return

I wish you party hacks would let the Gitmo stuff go.

Gitmo is just a very hot place with nice weather and blue water.

The issue here is indefinite detention. And with things like the PATRIOT Act NDAA 2012, etc. American citizens have as much to be concerned with as those with brown skin and turban on their heads.

For chrissakes.

Bay_Kat

Tropical
As usual they are going to blame someone else, I saw late last night, can't remember who it was, said it was the speech writer's fault.

SamSpade

There's really no getting around "you can keep it ..... PERIOD" which he repeated VERY often. No gotchas. No provisos. No ifs ands or buts. Period.

(Unless of course, your plan doesn't satisfy the conditions of the ACA in which case, all bets are off - which STILL doesn't fly because the White House - at the time he was saying this - was already well aware of about how many people would lose their coverage).