Crock pot

NextJen

Raisin cane
3 Envelope Roast

3 Envelope Roast Recipe | Just A Pinch Recipes

This is really easy and comes out yummy. I used a chuck roast and browned the outside of it in a pan before putting it in the crock. I also put cut up carrots in the bottom of the crockpot to cook with the roast. When it was done I used the juice to make a gravy, adding fresh sliced mushrooms to it. Serve with mashed potatoes. :yum:

Booboo3604

3 Envelope Roast

This is really easy and comes out yummy. I used a chuck roast and browned the outside of it in a pan before putting it in the crock. I also put cut up carrots in the bottom of the crockpot to cook with the roast. When it was done I used the juice to make a gravy, adding fresh sliced mushrooms to it. Serve with mashed potatoes. :yum:

:yeahthat: I make it the same way, but I don't bother browning it. Delish!

SAWK

Pork and Kraut

Roast a porkloin in cider with some brown sugar. Chunk it up and drop it into a crock with apple cider, kielbasa (bite sized slices), kraut, apple slices, brown sugar to taste and let it cook all day! Measurements are to taste! Never had it come out bad! The roast will melt in your mouth! :drool:

FED_UP

3 Envelope Roast

I used my last envelope when I mailed a letter.

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
3 Envelope Roast

Yuck. Salty, salty, salty. :frown:

luvmygdaughters

Beefstew, Vegetable soup, Jambalaya, chili, spaghetti, roast, bbq, chicken & dumplings,cornedbeef & cabbage. I dont really have a recipe for anything. Just add what sounds good, season and cook.

luvmygdaughters

3 Envelope Roast

I make this also, but, I use McCormick beefstew seasoning mix. It makes a great gravy and you dont need to thicken up to much with flour.

kalmd

3 Envelope Roast

I use this recipe too, except last time I added a stick of butter instead of the water. Delicious!

luvmygdaughters

I should own stock in McCormick spices, but I find that the packets of things ie chili, beef stew, etc is really salty

You're right, some of them are loaded with sodium, I dont add any additional salt while cooking and slow cooking sometimes cooks the flavor out of the seasoning.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

I made that in my crockpot today except with leftover roast chicken, noodles instead of potatoes, and homemade chicken gravy instead of canned soup.

In my little crockpot I made meatballs and marinara sauce.

I'm on this kick where I pack up leftovers in individual portions and make my own microwave meals. The problem is that I have a freezer full of delicious meals that I will never eat because I'm always cooking something else.

MarieB

One of my favorites is to cook chicken breast in a jar of salsa with a pack or half a pack of taco seasoning. My favorite taco pack is Nueva Cocina. It comes in regular and chipotle, which is spicy. I still haven't found that packet around here, but I did see that brand of other products in maybe Giant. Anyway, shred the chicken when you can and let it soak up the juices before servng.

You can then just serve it over rice with sour cream or use for tacos or burritos. I use the leftovers to make chicken, mushroom, and spinach quesadillas.

getbent

Thats how them b*tch's R
One of my favorites is to cook chicken breast in a jar of salsa with a pack or half a pack of taco seasoning. My favorite taco pack is Nueva Cocina. It comes in regular and chipotle, which is spicy. I still haven't found that packet around here, but I did see that brand of other products in maybe Giant. Anyway, shred the chicken when you can and let it soak up the juices before servng.

You can then just serve it over rice with sour cream or use for tacos or burritos. I use the leftovers to make chicken, mushroom, and spinach quesadillas.

I've made this a couple of times. Really good. I use it in enchilada's and in soft taco's.