Anyone know an A/C guy?

FISHTAIL

Coordinating the Truth
Quick background:
I got a text from my old neighbor Saturday that some yahoo pulled into the driveway at my rental and started walking around the house. When she was confronted, she said she was "looking for houses for sale" then promptly got in her car to leave. Apparently, she was in a pretty big hurry, because in the process of backing up she backed into my A/C unit outside. They tried to stop her, but she sped off. They weren't able to get a tag number, but I do know it was a brown/tan PT Cruiser.

Anyway, I notified my tenants, and they checked the unit out for me the following morning in the daylight. Thankfully, it's undamaged, but the moron did manage to move it backwards by about a foot and crush the condensate line.

I helped my tenant move it back to where it belongs (on the pad) but now the return? line is bent. Everything appears to be working fine, but I'd like to get someone by for 10 minutes to check the pressures and make sure that line isn't kinked thanks to this idiot that was trespassing on my property.

If anyone knows a guy, the whole check will probably take them ~10 minutes.

FISHTAIL

Coordinating the Truth
Nobody? Obviously I can just call a company, but I'd rather not spend extra money I don't need to, especially if everything is as ok as I think it is.

Hell, I'll also take names if you happen to know who backed into the unit.

xobxdoc

Quick background:
I got a text from my old neighbor Saturday that some yahoo pulled into the driveway at my rental and started walking around the house. When she was confronted, she said she was "looking for houses for sale" then promptly got in her car to leave. Apparently, she was in a pretty big hurry, because in the process of backing up she backed into my A/C unit outside. They tried to stop her, but she sped off. They weren't able to get a tag number, but I do know it was a brown/tan PT Cruiser.

Anyway, I notified my tenants, and they checked the unit out for me the following morning in the daylight. Thankfully, it's undamaged, but the moron did manage to move it backwards by about a foot and crush the condensate line.

I helped my tenant move it back to where it belongs (on the pad) but now the return? line is bent. Everything appears to be working fine, but I'd like to get someone by for 10 minutes to check the pressures and make sure that line isn't kinked thanks to this idiot that was trespassing on my property.

If anyone knows a guy, the whole check will probably take them ~10 minutes.
What are you expecting to pay for a 10 minute check?

FISHTAIL

Coordinating the Truth
What are you expecting to pay for a 10 minute check?

No idea. If it's a company coming out on an official trip, I'm sure it's at least 70 bucks to cover the service. If it's someone stopping in on their way home to hook up some gauges, I dunno, ~40 bucks? I'm guessing.

FISHTAIL

Coordinating the Truth

mamatutu

mama to two
Thanks, I'll give them a call.

I see some coupons on their website. Also, if you tell them you were referred by a current customer recommendation on a forum, maybe they will give you a break. I, also, wanted to say we have been using Barnett for 7 or 8 years. Good luck on your fix!