Hey Amish

CrashTest

You guys celebrate Thanksgiving or you guys out there plowing the fields just like any other Thursday?

NorthBeachPerso

Honorary SMIB
Like any farmer, if there's work to do they'll do it no matter what day it is.

Ask me sometime about milking cows on Christmas Day when you're 5 years old.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
You guys celebrate Thanksgiving or you guys out there plowing the fields just like any other Thursday?

Why can't they do both? Guys go hunting AND have dinner; they watch football AND have dinner. Why wouldn't the Amish do their chores AND have dinner?

I did think it was amusing, the story I was listening to on the radio this afternoon. Seems groups picketed several Wal-Marts today protesting employees having to work on Thanksgiving. I laughed to think that they won't work on TG because it's supposed to be a family day, but they WILL stand outside with a sign and bitch.

:lol:

Bay_Kat

Tropical
Why can't they do both? Guys go hunting AND have dinner; they watch football AND have dinner. Why wouldn't the Amish do their chores AND have dinner?

I did think it was amusing, the story I was listening to on the radio this afternoon. Seems groups picketed several Wal-Marts today protesting employees having to work on Thanksgiving. I laughed to think that they won't work on TG because it's supposed to be a family day, but they WILL stand outside with a sign and bitch.

How 'bout that? Too funny.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad

They weren't actually Walmart employees, but were paid by the unions to picket.
So they were working on Thanksgiving to protest people working on Thanksgiving

mamatutu

mama to two

Thanks to people like the hard working Amish, I/we had a bountiful table today. I think the Amish have the right idea to not want to join the current world. It sucks for anyone that is trying to pull their own weight, and not rely on others. Happy Thanksgiving!

This is a good read.

http://forums.somd.com/life-southern-maryland/282849-thanksgiving-worth-considering.html

Last edited:

CrashTest

Hunting, watching football, and drinking beer > plowing a field.

Zguy28

What is weirder is that Sam's Club was closed. How does that work?