Arsenic in CRE water

ladyhawk

Anyone else get the notice that there is arsenic in the drinking water that is above standard levels?

I am assuming that all CRE residents received it,
even though it only affects 1/3 of CRE.

They have a blending system which uses three wells to assist in lowering those rates to within MDE requirements which became more stringent in 2006.

Apparently Well #3 started showing a steady increase of arsenic levels so the water company took the contaminated well out of service back in October, this lowered the arsenic levels back to the MDE requirements. The water company is looking into an Arsenic Removal System and hope to have the well restored by spring.

They also provide two phone numbers to call for more information.
George Hanson, Manager of the Chesapeake Ranch Water Company and MDE Water Supply Program if you have questions.

June

NorthBeachPerso

Honorary SMIB
I am assuming that all CRE residents received it,
even though it only affects 1/3 of CRE.

They have a blending system which uses three wells to assist in lowering those rates to within MDE requirements which became more stringent in 2006.

Apparently Well #3 started showing a steady increase of arsenic levels so the water company took the contaminated well out of service back in October, this lowered the arsenic levels back to the MDE requirements. The water company is looking into an Arsenic Removal System and hope to have the well restored by spring.

They also provide two phone numbers to call for more information.
George Hanson, Manager of the Chesapeake Ranch Water Company and MDE Water Supply Program if you have questions.

June

Stop trying to quell the incipient panic and stop the fun.
Even I up here in the northern end of Calvert knew about the arsenic issue. Why didn't a resident?

I heard it might snow tomorrow into Tuesday.

ladyhawk

Stop trying to quell the incipient panic and stop the fun.
Even I up here in the northern end of Calvert knew about the arsenic issue. Why didn't a resident?

I heard it might snow tomorrow into Tuesday.

LOL.. Sorry I spoiled all the fun that could have come out of it but I'm a resident and didn't know about it until I was in CRE's "Unofficial" facebook page.. It was a day later when I recieved the mailing. But this issue reared it's ugly head in the past.. No reason for everybody to get into a panic over it..

And If memory serves, I think you can get more arsenic from eating too much of the seafood than you can from the drinking water! That should be enough entertainment for today! LOL

June

Last edited: