Page 2 of 49 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Many cutting the cord on cable/satellite

We dumped cable a long time ago. We just dumped netflix, because their selection has gone from 'okay' to 'worse'. We stream from Hulu and Amazon, and get a few of the lower channels for local news and odd shows. We get a couple of stations that have reruns of shows like Flipper, Partridge Family, I Dream of Jeannie...pretty off the wall stuff. I think one of them is MeTV, and I forget what the other one is. Everything else is a purchased DVD.
    Je suis prest

We have not had a tv provider for 4 years. Between Hulu, Netflix, and the many channels that have episodes available the next day, we have not missed much.
    Magic has touched here

Quote Originally Posted by bresamil View Post
    We have not had a tv provider for 4 years. Between Hulu, Netflix, and the many channels that have episodes available the next day, we have not missed much.
    That is why I am thinking I can get away with dropping the TV part. I am very serious when I say I maybe watch TV all of 20 to 30 minutes a day (that's why I never seem to get through the list of shows saved on the DVR).
    Making a Difference for Critters Big and Small
    We are now a 501 (c)(3) non-profit!
    Please help us by donating - we need supplies for the critters awaiting adoption.
    Select us as your Charitable beneficiary on Amazon Smile (smile.amazon.com) CLICK HERE

Quote Originally Posted by ArkRescue View Post
    I think Hulu would work for me. So I can use my computer to run a cable to my HDTV right?
    get a Roku box

Hulu saves about 6 weeks of the current season and Netflix has the previous seasons of shows,
    My winter project is to sit down and watch LOST from start to finish
    Last edited by aps45819; 12-04-2013 at 11:31 AM.
    The stuff cheerleaders do on hardwood, it absolutely blows my mind - Joe Biden
    Quote Originally Posted by Baz View Post
    -Illegals who are already here can stay, provided they haven't committed any crimes.

Quote Originally Posted by aps45819 View Post
    get a Roku box

Hulu saves about 6 weeks of the current season and Netflix has the previous seasons of shows,
    My winter project is to sit down and watch LOST from start to finish
    Will I be able to easily use different TV's (living room, bedroom, etc) or does that complicate things?
    Please help us by donating - we need supplies for the critters awaiting adoption.
    Select us as your Charitable beneficiary on Amazon Smile (smile.amazon.com) CLICK HERE

Quote Originally Posted by mAlice View Post
    We dumped cable a long time ago. We just dumped netflix, because their selection has gone from 'okay' to 'worse'. We stream from Hulu and Amazon, and get a few of the lower channels for local news and odd shows. We get a couple of stations that have reruns of shows like Flipper, Partridge Family, I Dream of Jeannie...pretty off the wall stuff. I think one of them is MeTV, and I forget what the other one is. Everything else is a purchased DVD.
    I'm watching Archie Bunker In another thread, Christy mentioned loving her Roku so I ordered one. This is pretty fricken great - you'd love it. Crackle is wonderful, tons of choices. I'm loving the trip down memory lane.
    Please neuter and spay your pets.... and your weird friends and relatives.

Quote Originally Posted by bresamil View Post
    I could live without it because I watch so little TV.

You know... my dad and step-mom have everything but they don't have a Roku. I'm buying them one of these for Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakota View Post

I'm watching Archie Bunker In another thread, Christy mentioned loving her Roku so I ordered one. This is pretty fricken great - you'd love it. Crackle is wonderful, tons of choices. I'm loving the trip down memory lane.
    I was checking online and for Roku 3 the best price was $88 at Walmart.

Archie is talking about why we don't need gun control and I swear Edith reminds me of a neighbor.

I am so glad I have no plans this weekend and just about all my Christmas shopping can be done on my computer.

Quote Originally Posted by ArkRescue View Post
    I was checking online and for Roku 3 the best price was $88 at Walmart.
    I bought the Roku 2 for $49.91 off Amazon on Saturday but the price is back up to $79.99. I will check the sales ads this weekend and let you know if I see any sales. I really want to get my dad one of these. He would love it!!! It would suck if I had to pay more to get him one than what I paid just 'cuz it is Christmas and it is so popular.

Members who have read this thread: 68