Page 3 of 48 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Many cutting the cord on cable/satellite

The router I bought went up to $135 and it was on sale for $89.99 on amazon and it is blazing fast.
    Please neuter and spay your pets.... and your weird friends and relatives.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakota View Post
    Archie is talking about why we don't need gun control and I swear Edith reminds me of a neighbor.

I am so glad I have no plans this weekend and just about all my Christmas shopping can be done on my computer.
    It's gonna be a lite gift giving xmas on my end. I'm over my head in critter bills and will be glad if I get gift cards to places I can buy critter food like Tractor Supply and Petsmart or Walmart.

I was buying clearance items the past few months, so the gifts are decent considering I paid on average $15 per person. Only have 2 people left to buy for .
    Making a Difference for Critters Big and Small
    We are now a 501 (c)(3) non-profit!
    Please help us by donating - we need supplies for the critters awaiting adoption.
    Select us as your Charitable beneficiary on Amazon Smile (smile.amazon.com) CLICK HERE

I bought the Roku 2 for $49.91 off Amazon on Saturday but the price is back up to $79.99. I will check the sales ads this weekend and let you know if I see any sales. I really want to get my dad one of these. He would love it!!! It would suck if I had to pay more to get him one than what I paid just 'cuz it is Christmas and it is so popular.
    I have a HDTV so the 3 works for those per what I saw online.
    Please help us by donating - we need supplies for the critters awaiting adoption.
    Select us as your Charitable beneficiary on Amazon Smile (smile.amazon.com) CLICK HERE

Quote Originally Posted by ArkRescue View Post
    It's gonna be a lite gift giving xmas on my end. I'm over my head in critter bills and will be glad if I get gift cards to places I can buy critter food like Tractor Supply and Petsmart or Walmart.

I was buying clearance items the past few months, so the gifts are decent considering I paid on average $15 per person. Only have 2 people left to buy for .
    2 of my 3 cats have been sick so I know how vet bills can be.... The old girl has arthritis pretty bad but the supplements are really helping her. My middle cat is just malnourished but also has some behavior problems we are working with... other than that...

I have a very short Christmas list...

- my kids
    - my 2 neices
    - my 1 nephew
    - a gift for a gift exchange
    - my dad and his wife

My sister and I are not exchanging this year. We pull names on my husband's side of the family and that really helps. I wish I could lure my dad into doing the same thing. I find gift exchanges fun!!!
    Last edited by Dakota; 12-05-2013 at 12:15 AM.

This little box is amazing. I love it... totally love it!!!

In fact, I am going to be pretty tired at work tomorrow if I stay up much longer.

Will I be able to easily use different TV's (living room, bedroom, etc) or does that complicate things?
    one per TV
    I was checking online and for Roku 3 the best price was $88 at Walmart.
    Search Results for roku at TigerDirect.com

Check the resolution on your TVs. If it's not 1080P, go with one of 720P resolution Rokus

I've got a HMDI cable hooked up to the TV and the audio RCA cables plugged into an Aux input on a stereo. Love the Blues/Rock channel on Pandora running through the stereo
    The stuff cheerleaders do on hardwood, it absolutely blows my mind - Joe Biden
    Quote Originally Posted by Baz View Post
    -Illegals who are already here can stay, provided they haven't committed any crimes.

Some people leave their PC's on 24/7, I do not. So I don't know that I want to be leaving my PC on all time to record shows you know?

where did I say anything about recording

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.
    - Robert J. Hanlon.

“There is a deeply anti-democratic undercurrent to much of the criticism of the new president, borne aloft by an assumption that democracy is too important to be left to the voters.”

And if a statue can oppress you, then I submit that you have greater issues. - A West.

I could live without it because I watch so little TV.

You know... my dad and step-mom have everything but they don't have a Roku. I'm buying them one of these for Christmas.

I download all the Tv Shows I watch
    Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.
    - Robert J. Hanlon.

“There is a deeply anti-democratic undercurrent to much of the criticism of the new president, borne aloft by an assumption that democracy is too important to be left to the voters.”

And if a statue can oppress you, then I submit that you have greater issues. - A West.

Quote Originally Posted by aps45819 View Post
    one per TV

Search Results for roku at TigerDirect.com

Check the resolution on your TVs. If it's not 1080P, go with one of 720P resolution Rokus

I've got a HMDI cable hooked up to the TV and the audio RCA cables plugged into an Aux input on a stereo. Love the Blues/Rock channel on Pandora running through the stereo

Actually, if you don't mind the hassle, you could move your box from TV to TV - of course you'd be unplugging and plugging in but it is far easier than moving a cable box from place to place, IMO.

BTW the coffee cannot brew fast enough this morning for me.

2 of my 3 cats have been sick so I know how vet bills can be.... The old girl has arthritis pretty bad but the supplements are really helping her. My middle cat is just malnourished but also has some behavior problems we are working with... other than that...

I have a very short Christmas list...

- my kids
    - my 2 neices
    - my 1 nephew
    - a gift for a gift exchange
    - my dad and his wife

My sister and I are not exchanging this year. We pull names on my husband's side of the family and that really helps. I wish I could lure my dad into doing the same thing. I find gift exchanges fun!!!
    The most recent kitty we accepted was a very thin but large black kitty that showed up at the Waldorf Motel. Someone may have dumped the kitty after finding out the lady who works there is a kitty lover. That gal is responsible for 7 kittens/cats we accepted this year. I felt-up (lol) the newest kitty as much as I could (while she was in cage with heating pad in the barn) to feel for do-dads, didn't feel any, so it's probably a female. Very sweet and loving and VERY HUNGRY. I have 3 kitties going to HS next week for vetting including the newest black one. The others are a feral caught on my property with roundworms (threw them up ewww) and a 5 month old kitten that is sweet as can be but appears to be part feral.

One of the 9 kittens we have available recently peed on the rug in several places so I caged her, and she is no longer available for adoption (Mrs. Howell). I will have to place her as a barn cat. I will not knowingly adopt out a critter with a potty problem - no one wants a kitty that pees on the floor.

Members who have read this thread: 67