Page 4 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Many cutting the cord on cable/satellite

Quote Originally Posted by aps45819 View Post
    one per TV

Search Results for roku at TigerDirect.com

Check the resolution on your TVs. If it's not 1080P, go with one of 720P resolution Rokus

I've got a HMDI cable hooked up to the TV and the audio RCA cables plugged into an Aux input on a stereo. Love the Blues/Rock channel on Pandora running through the stereo
    Probably a stupid question, but do yiu still see the shows in HD?

So I see this a friend sent me:

Roku HD Streaming Player 829610880266 | eBay

But when I checked the Roku website previously it said the HDTV version was Roku 3 at almost twice the price of the others - so what's up with his model? Is it really HDTV?

ahhh says this: Max. Resolution: 720p
    Making a Difference for Critters Big and Small
    We are now a 501 (c)(3) non-profit!
    Please help us by donating - we need supplies for the critters awaiting adoption.
    Select us as your Charitable beneficiary on Amazon Smile (smile.amazon.com) CLICK HERE

Quote Originally Posted by ArkRescue View Post

- so what's up with his model? Is it really HDTV?

ahhh says this: Max. Resolution: 720p

720 is HDTV .... opposed to 480 for standard TV

also can be displayed in 1080
    Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.
    - Robert J. Hanlon.

“There is a deeply anti-democratic undercurrent to much of the criticism of the new president, borne aloft by an assumption that democracy is too important to be left to the voters.”

I'm messing around with a program called Satellite Direct.

Here is a link...

Watch online TV on Your PC with SatelliteDirect - Over 3,500 HD Channels Available 24/7

I paid $29.99 for it so I'm not sure if I got a short sale or something.

Anyway... I am having loads of fun checking out all the channels. I was watching AMC's "Twins" on here a moment ago but my ADD kicked in.

Anyway... something those wishing to cut the cord might be interested in.
    Please neuter and spay your pets.... and your weird friends and relatives.

I found this one
    PlayOn | Watch Free Online Movies, Shows, Live Sports on Your TV and More | PlayOn

While the program is running on your computer you have access through your home network to most networks.

I start the program and then access the PlayOn app on the Roku
    The stuff cheerleaders do on hardwood, it absolutely blows my mind - Joe Biden
    Quote Originally Posted by Baz View Post
    -Illegals who are already here can stay, provided they haven't committed any crimes.

Doesn't watching the shows on line burn up a lot of data? We are on a 15 GB per month plan with no other options available. I dropped Direct TV several years ago and we pulled from the air for quite a while which was fine for the most part. I discovered RT! Our home had a really nice old fashioned antenna on the roof that worked great however it was pretty much destroyed during the deracho and I've been back with Direct TV ever since but hate spending the money even for the lowest level they offer when the channels I WOULD be interested in that I get are showing stupid crap like Pawn Stars, Swamp People and the like instead of HISTORY. We watch PBS more than anything. I'm really ready to send Direct TV packing again but would like to know what options do we have to grab more TV out of the air. We are just not sure what type of antenna to buy.

Quote Originally Posted by onelove6366 View Post
    Doesn't watching the shows on line burn up a lot of data? We are on a 15 GB per month plan with no other options available. I dropped Direct TV several years ago and we pulled from the air for quite a while which was fine for the most part. I discovered RT! Our home had a really nice old fashioned antenna on the roof that worked great however it was pretty much destroyed during the deracho and I've been back with Direct TV ever since but hate spending the money even for the lowest level they offer when the channels I WOULD be interested in that I get are showing stupid crap like Pawn Stars, Swamp People and the like instead of HISTORY. We watch PBS more than anything. I'm really ready to send Direct TV packing again but would like to know what options do we have to grab more TV out of the air. We are just not sure what type of antenna to buy.
    I have no limits on streaming....

You know what would be a great business for this area?

Somebody who specializes in installing and connecting roof antennas for those who want to cut the cord.

I upgraded our directv 2 months ago and I've had a few issues - including right now, because we have been on and off with service the past few days. The tech comes out in the morning but still... it is hassle. I don't watch that much TV but when I do, I want it to work. You know... how silly of me right?

I found this one
    PlayOn | Watch Free Online Movies, Shows, Live Sports on Your TV and More | PlayOn

While the program is running on your computer you have access through your home network to most networks.

What are you getting on Playon that you don't get on the Roku?

I found this one

I haven't used the Playon app in a while, however the last time I used it I was not impressed. I was more unimpressed by the Roku we had (XD iirc). Menu was not very well developed, streaming in HD was rare, even with the new router. I have had better a better experience using the Xbox, and our smart TV. We use Chromecast for the Projector.

We havent had cable in over a year and I have never had a urge to go back.
    "If he were to pat you on the back, you would list in on your resume"

Members who have read this thread: 61