Page 49 of 49 FirstFirst ... 39474849

Thread: Many cutting the cord on cable/satellite

Quote Originally Posted by SamSpade View Post
    Funny I just ran across that this morning while browsing streaming channels on the Roku.
    What makes these kinds of packages appealing is either

1. They can REPLACE cable or
    2. They are cheap enough to try, because they offer original content or some other advantage - like live sports during a local blackout.

Most of these - can't - because most of the stuff we watch is on the major networks.
    While it's interesting, it's not worth the cost, to me.
    Yep. I know what you mean but for a non sports watcher, it is worth it and cheap when you don't want to buy the cable package to get channels.

About 2 years ago, many of my employees found the cable was no longer going to be included in their monthly rent. So they come to me for a run down of options. I just had 1 cave in and get the cable package though but he's a big sports watcher so the year he went without was very difficult.

Most of my employees are transplants here working their way up to something better and don't want any commitments that keep them tied down to this area.
    Please neuter and spay your pets.... and your weird friends and relatives.

My latest streaming recommendation is "The Crown" on Netflix. 2 seasons so great binge watching when you have nasty, cold, wet weather outside and your a winter wimp.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakota View Post
    My latest streaming recommendation is "The Crown" on Netflix. 2 seasons so great binge watching when you have nasty, cold, wet weather outside and your a winter wimp.
    I. LOVE. THIS. SHOW.

but then again, since my family was stationed in England in the late 90s, I have a deep soft spot in my heart for British history...and now thanks to Netflix: British comedies and dramas!
    none of my yoga pants have ever been to yoga.

I. LOVE. THIS. SHOW.

but then again, since my family was stationed in England in the late 90s, I have a deep soft spot in my heart for British history...and now thanks to Netflix: British comedies and dramas!
    none of my yoga pants have ever been to yoga.

I just got done watching both seasons of Frontier on Netflix, I can't wait till season 3.
    If what I say offends you then you really don't want to hear what I keep to myself.

How does everyone feel about the repeal of Net Neutrality and how it will impact "cord cutting"?

Been seeing an ad on TV for "Black TV Box". Supposed to get thousands of movie and tv channels at absolutely no cost. Some reviews are question it's legality, however.

It's also a bit confusing because there are many different products with very similar names. Black Box TV, Black Android TV Box, TV Black Box, and they all have different features and hardware.

https://www.google.com/search?q=blac...nt=firefox-b-1
    "It must be inordinately taxing to be such a boob."
    The Brain

Quote Originally Posted by awpitt View Post
    How does everyone feel about the repeal of Net Neutrality and how it will impact "cord cutting"?
    Right now, I still use a TV antenna on the roof and no cable/sat. No impact here.
    "It must be inordinately taxing to be such a boob."
    The Brain

Quote Originally Posted by awpitt View Post
    I was actually FOR the repeal honestly. It really didn't do what it sounds like it does and whenever the government gets involved in anything, they ruin it.

5G could be a game changer in the future anyway.

As for the "Black TV Box," I would advise to stay away from that. Many of those sites are getting shut down daily due to piracy so...

Members who have read this thread: 71