Dogs either abandoned or just treated that way??

sjolie90

I was delivering flyers last week in Port Republic and had two little black dogs freaking out barking to get my attention. It didn't look like anybody was home so I walked over to them. It looked like they were starving. I could see their ribs and spines. My buddy and I had some sandwiches in the truck so we gave that to them. One had a food bowl full of leaves so it probably hadn't eaten in days. The other one was walking around in the mud and chained to a pole. I left feeling terrible and wishing I didn't live in an apartment and can't have dogs. They didn't have on tags or anything so who knows if they even have shots, licenses or whatever. Why the heck did those people even get dogs??? I hope they're okay. I told my boss about it and he said he was going to call animal control but that they probably wouldn't do anything cause dogs live outside all the time. They were chained up in a neighborhood called Halls Hacenda. I don't live in Calvert but it's been bugging me for days that those two dogs are probably out there 24/7 in this freezing cold weather.

aubriana

I was delivering flyers last week in Port Republic and had two little black dogs freaking out barking to get my attention. It didn't look like anybody was home so I walked over to them. It looked like they were starving. I could see their ribs and spines. My buddy and I had some sandwiches in the truck so we gave that to them. One had a food bowl full of leaves so it probably hadn't eaten in days. The other one was walking around in the mud and chained to a pole. I left feeling terrible and wishing I didn't live in an apartment and can't have dogs. They didn't have on tags or anything so who knows if they even have shots, licenses or whatever. Why the heck did those people even get dogs??? I hope they're okay. I told my boss about it and he said he was going to call animal control but that they probably wouldn't do anything cause dogs live outside all the time. They were chained up in a neighborhood called Halls Hacenda. I don't live in Calvert but it's been bugging me for days that those two dogs are probably out there 24/7 in this freezing cold weather.

You should report it; I'm sure those dogs are still chained-up and starving. Some people have no conscience and treat dogs as if they aren't living creatures with the ability to feel pain; like lawn ornaments.

fredsaid2

Some people treat them like they're animals

And as such they deserve humane treatment. Adequate shelter, food and water. You could be missintreprated as saying, as animals, they deserve to be chained and kept in poor conditions. Of course, you're much too kind to think like that.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
Even when animal control does take away neglected pets, the people tend to just replace them with more that get treated the same.

Can someone update this? Did AC go out to do a check on those dogs? If they are as emaciated as described, they will take the dogs.