What

nhboy

Ubi bene ibi patria
did Mary and Joseph do with the gold, frankincense and myrrh given to them by the three wise men?

nobody really

I need a nap
The three gifts were used to better the lives of the Holy Family, and were also symbolic: Jesus, his birth (gold), life (frankincense) and death (myrrh)

but I could be wrong, I'm catholic and was never really taught what they did with them.

Rt235

did Mary and Joseph do with the gold, frankincense and myrrh given to them by the three wise men?

Common logic: Pay their taxes, support the kids, keep the woodworking shop in business and help out others.

I do agree with Beachcat!!

Not Catholic, just a Christian.
:howdy:

MadDogMarine

If the Bible wanted you to know or it was necessary for you to know, it would have told you!
I can assure you, your eternal life is not going to be based upon knowing or not knowing this information.

Dupontster

Would THIS face lie?
Bought baby clothes and a car seat and a stroller and a baby monitor and one of those big old stork thingies to put outside the stable.. "It's A Boy"

Please forgive me Lord, I know not what I do.

hotcoffee

My guess would be .... they financed their escape to Egypt..... after all Herod was after them.... death was hanging all over Bethlehem....

:coffee:

PsyOps

Pixelated
What did Mary and Joseph do with the gold, frankincense and myrrh given to them by the three wise men?

I think that's none of your business. For crying out loud, is there no money/wealth you liberals don’t seem to think belongs to you?

b23hqb

PREMO Member
I think that's none of your business. For crying out loud, is there no money/wealth you liberals don’t seem to think belongs to you?

That's it on the nose. The gifts were not given to takers like the boy. Mom and dad no doubt used the gifts for their own survival trek out of Egypt back to the country where they knew Jesus, by the prophecies, would be murdered by his own, unbelieving people.:buddies:

PsyOps

Pixelated
That's it on the nose. The gifts were not given to takers like the boy. Mom and dad no doubt used the gifts for their own survival trek out of Egypt back to the country where they knew Jesus, by the prophecies, would be murdered by his own, unbelieving people.:buddies:

We really don’t know how the gifts were used. It’s my guess that it was worth an enormous amount of money; I assume primarily for the purpose of Jesus’ ministry. The bible indicates that Jesus lived a very humble existence, and didn’t need anything. So maybe He only used the wealth for very limited purposes. The bible just doesn’t go into detail about any of that; and I honestly don’t care. Like so many of the discussion that go on in here, it has nothing to do with the message of the Gospel.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
We really don’t know how the gifts were used. It’s my guess that it was worth an enormous amount of money; I assume primarily for the purpose of Jesus’ ministry. The bible indicates that Jesus lived a very humble existence, and didn’t need anything. So maybe He only used the wealth for very limited purposes. The bible just doesn’t go into detail about any of that; and I honestly don’t care. Like so many of the discussion that go on in here, it has nothing to do with the message of the Gospel.

No argument there. The Bible leaves many things unexplained that do not have anything to do with eternity - the most important and crucial topic. Speculation about subjects as this would best be served with common sense, and common sense tells me that Mary and Joseph were dirt poor like nearly everyone else at that time, and the gifts were probably used and shared within themselves and others.:yahoo: