alternate TV repair shop

jenileigh

I need to find an alternate TV repair shop... not Marks. I have a warranty on a plasma that has the red bleed problem but they want me to have it repaired - Squaretrade. And of course they called Marks... definitely not using. So I am searching for an alternate. I live in St. marys. Thanks.

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
I haven't owned an alternate TV in many years and so I wouldn't have a clue where to get one of those things repaired. :shrug:

stgislander

PREMO Member
Samsung just under 3 yrs old. It's covered under Squaretrade now.

This may too far for you to travel, but I used Virginia Electronics down in Ashland, VA (outside of Richmond). They are an authorized Samsung service location, and the folks there treated me very well.

The drive down is pretty nice, and they are across I-95 from Bass Pro Shops.

:buddies:

R

rhenderson

No advice to TV repair; however, if do go to the Virginia shop recommended above make sure you obey the speed limit in Port Royal, VA. Not even one mile over the limit and watch out for 35 MPH zone west/south of the Rapahannock river. Major speed trap.

BernieP

Resident PIA
Contact Samsung service. We had a problem with a larger tube tv a few years back - it was called a 'flat screen" (it was flat in front but stuck out a mile in the rear).
Anyway, it was just out of warranty. Called a service based in Waldorf. Guy came to the house, tested the tv, pulled the electronics tray and took that back to his shop. When it was fixed, he brought the tray back, installed, checked out and we had a brand new tv for $200 I want to say.
Apologize, can't remember the name, nor can I find a receipt.
But I know Samsung will send out repair people
If not Samsung, check with Best Buy - Geek Squad.

BernieP

Resident PIA
No advice to TV repair; however, if do go to the Virginia shop recommended above make sure you obey the speed limit in Port Royal, VA. Not even one mile over the limit and watch out for 35 MPH zone west/south of the Rapahannock river. Major speed trap.

:killingme

did deputy Fife get you too?
That county is notorious.