Smoked salmon

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Where do you get your fresh salmon?

I spent a couple of summers in Alaska. I'd fish the Kenai river(Soldotna) or go down to Resurrection bay(Seward).

1 day we caught 102 pink salmon in about 8 hours. We had a head counter clicker in the boat. It was too easy but tons of fun. You only catch fish like that when they are running.

I'm jonesing for an Alaska trip.

MarieB

We used to live in the Seattle area and miss fishing for and being able to purchase so many varieties of good, fresh fish

Badgirl, you can use steelhead. That's what my husband generally uses now that we are here. BJ's has it during certain times of the year.

I haven't seen decent salmon here, except for Costco from time to time and we rarely make it there anymore.

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
Tried smoking a salmon once. Took a Bernz-o-Matic torch to get the dayum thing lit, and then I coughed for 20 minutes.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
We just got a new contract for a ship project in Norway...been a few years since I've worked there too. Now THAT is the salmon capital of the universe..and I made up for lost time when I was there last week. :yahoo:

MarieB

BG, BJ's has pretty decent steelhead right now. Not the best, but not bad either. The salmon has "added color" and is awful.

We're having steelhead on naan bread tonight with hummus, tabouli , and feta.