No Smow tread?

MrZ06

I love Texas Road House
I just checked with my meteorologist buddy on the base and he said we are not getting any snow.

Hank will just say we are getting rain again, like he did last week. :coffee:

I was surprised at how much more ice there was in the trees up in Waldork this morning.

And FWIW, temps are dropping, salt has been washed away, and I heard lots of tires spinning this afternoon.

Bay_Kat

Tropical
accuweather says snow

Unlike the storm this past weekend that brought a combination of snow, sleet and freezing rain to the region, precipitation looks to fall mainly as snow in the Northeast with rain farther to the south.

Snow to Make Quick Return to Northeast

Attachments

• 650x366_12091413_hd25-1.jpg
    650x366_12091413_hd25-1.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 44
Whatever we get, it sounds messy.

...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 3 AM TO 2 PM EST
TUESDAY...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN BALTIMORE MD/WASHINGTON HAS
ISSUED A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY FOR SNOW...SLEET AND FREEZING
RAIN... WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM 3 AM TO 2 PM EST TUESDAY.

* PRECIPITATION TYPE...SNOW...SLEET AND FREEZING RAIN.

* ACCUMULATIONS...SNOW AND SLEET ACCUMULATION 1 TO 3 INCHES. ICE
ACCUMULATION FROM FREEZING RAIN LESS THAN ONE TENTH OF AN INCH.

MrZ06

I love Texas Road House
I have so much faith in my buddy that we are not getting snow that I will be driving my z06 into work tomorrow.

truby20

Fighting like a girl
It'll be snow

Not sure who these nincompoops are who are saying it will be rain tomorrow, I doubt they can even operate a sling psychrometer!

It'll be snow tomorrow, 2-4" for Charles, 1-2" for St Mary's, the further south you go the less there will be. Snow starting between 4 and 5 am, temperatures will be slowly dropping throughout the day.

mamatutu

mama to two
Not our area, obviously, but thought it was worth posting. Wow! So much for global warming!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------WASHINGTON (AP) — Feeling chilly? Here's cold comfort: You could be in East Antarctica which new data says set a record for "soul-crushing" cold.

Try 135.8 degrees Fahrenheit below zero; that's 93.2 degrees below zero Celsius, which sounds only slightly toastier. Better yet, don't try it. That's so cold scientists say it hurts to breathe.

A new look at NASA satellite data revealed that Earth set a new record for coldest temperature recorded. It happened in August 2010 when it hit -135.8 degrees. Then on July 31 of this year, it came close again: -135.3 degrees.

The old record had been -128.6 degrees, which is -89.2 degrees Celsius.

Ice scientist Ted Scambos at the National Snow and Ice Data Center said the new record is "50 degrees colder than anything that has ever been seen in Alaska or Siberia or certainly North Dakota."

Cold dis-comfort: Antarctica set record of -135.8

Last edited: