St. Marys school closed.

ZARA

From the website:

St. Mary's Public Schools
Employee Code 3: St. Mary's County Public Schools and offices are closed on Tuesday, December 10, 2013. No employees should report to work. Administrative leave will be provided for 12 month employees only. Designated emergency personnel should contact the Division of Supporting Services at (301) 475-4256, x9 for directions as to when to report to work. Thank you.

sm8

Was just wondering if it was an accident or if the weather is worse south. It almost looks dry outside on the decks and when I checked the weather it looks like rain starting around 11. I am not complaining I just do not want to go back to bed and it be a mistake and get in trouble for not sending my kids.

ZARA

Was just wondering if it was an accident or if the weather is worse south. It almost looks dry outside on the decks and when I checked the weather it looks like rain starting around 11. I am not complaining I just do not want to go back to bed and it be a mistake and get in trouble for not sending my kids.

I was wondering the same thing for the same reasons.
I assume it's because of the weather.
Found this:

http://www.weather.com/weather/aler...ificance=Y&areaid=MDZ017&office=KLWX&etn=0035
ssued by The National Weather Service
Baltimore/Washington, MD
Tue, Dec 10, 2013, 2:19 AM EST
Local Radar Map
Updated Dec 10, 2013, 5:25am EST
Weather in Motion® | Enlarge Map
Get WeatherReady

Prepare for Winter Storms
Keep Safe During the Storm
Driving in Snow & Ice
Are You at Risk For Winter Storms?
Get Live Traffic Reports

... WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 2 PM EST THIS AFTERNOON...

* PRECIPITATION TYPE... SNOW... SLEET.

* ACCUMULATIONS... 2 TO 4 INCHES.

* TIMING... SLEET WILL START BETWEEN BY 5 AM... AND CHANGE OVER TO SNOW AFTER SUNRISE. SNOW WILL END BY EARLY AFTERNOON TUESDAY.

* TEMPERATURES... IN THE LOWER 30S.

* WINDS... NORTH 5 TO 10 MPH.

* IMPACTS... HAZARDOUS TRAVEL CONDITIONS ARE EXPECTED FROM WINTRY PRECIPITATION. WINTRY PRECIPITATION WILL IMPACT THE MORNING RUSH TUESDAY.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY MEANS THAT PERIODS OF SNOW AND SLEET WILL CAUSE TRAVEL DIFFICULTIES. BE PREPARED FOR SLIPPERY ROADS AND LIMITED VISIBILITIES... AND USE CAUTION WHILE DRIVING.

&&

Tigerlily

Luvin Life !!!
Dry as a bone here in St. Inigoes. My son said he heard it might rain later. That must be the reason why.:shrug:

Tigerlily

Luvin Life !!!
Dry here in dameron. I think it's because it's suppose to start at like 7

I think it is such a joke. I could understand if we were forecast for a major storm but with everyone worried about being sued these days and the "better safe than sorry" mentality that the kids are growing up with now, these kids are doomed IMO.

Tigerlily

Luvin Life !!!
Dry here in dameron. I think it's because it's suppose to start at like 7

I'll have to make sure to turn on my patio fireplace in about an hour. That way I can take my coffee and my iPad out there, cozy up in my lounge chair so I can count the flakes.

Could have used a two-hour delay this morning...some icy patches out there and we couldn't even get our car door open. It was frozen solid.

MrZ06

I love Texas Road House
Figures we get out for rain but as icy as it is we do not even get a 2 hour delay.

Exactly, just like I said before. They have a bunch of dopes making the decisions for school closing/delays.