Watch for those deer

Caution

Lady just hit a deer in front of the house. Lady is fine and not a danged mark on her car. Deer was still alive when I called the Sheriff's Dept to report it. I told them I would kill the deer by cutting it's throat so no need to send an officer unless there was some requirement.

Point being the Deer habits change drastically this time of year. You may see them in places you have never seen them before. Keep your eyes open.

I grabbed it by its ears and drug it out back out of eyeshot of the road before I cut it. Did not want some yuppy jogger happening by and screaming bloody murder, shooting me with pepper spray and hitting me with their iPod.

Guess I'll cut into it tomorrow and see if the meat is worth trying to keep.

RPMDAD

Lady just hit a deer in front of the house. Lady is fine and not a danged mark on her car. Deer was still alive when I called the Sheriff's Dept to report it. I told them I would kill the deer by cutting it's throat so no need to send an officer unless there was some requirement.

Point being the Deer habits change drastically this time of year. You may see them in places you have never seen them before. Keep your eyes open.

I grabbed it by its ears and drug it out back out of eyeshot of the road before I cut it. Did not want some yuppy jogger happening by and screaming bloody murder, shooting me with pepper spray and hitting me with their iPod.

If i were you i would field dress it and hang it tonight, just saying. If the deer was still alive yes there is good meat to be had there. JMHO.

If i were you i would field dress it and hang it tonight, just saying. If the deer was still alive yes there is good meat to be had there. JMHO.

It depends on internal injuries too. If the bladder or intestines exploded it could ruin the meat.

Caution

Ya I am getting ready to gather up my knives and gloves now to go do that. Gonna pick up my son to help. He loves that crap. LOL A buddy of mine has been hunting everyday he could for the last week and has not gotten any. He called just a moment ago to tell me how he did. Of course I had to mess with him. "I just got one in the front yard, How did you do? ":killingme

Caution

LOL I told my buddy he could have it if he wanted it since he had no luck hunting. He told me F*** Y**!! LOL

He is on his way over and we'll cut it up together. I may grab a roast out of it and he can have the rest.

afjess1989

Amount of F##Ks given, 0
LOL I told my buddy he could have it if he wanted it since he had no luck hunting. He told me F*** Y**!! LOL

He is on his way over and we'll cut it up together. I may grab a roast out of it and he can have the rest.

I'll be over for dinner!

FISHTAIL

Coordinating the Truth

I'm actually glad you did that. Now instead of just rotting on the side of the road, it goes to some use. Hopefully there is some usable meat to be had. And at least it's cold enough out to preserve whatever there is.

Caution

I'm actually glad you did that. Now instead of just rotting on the side of the road, it goes to some use. Hopefully there is some usable meat to be had. And at least it's cold enough out to preserve whatever there is.
Still skinning but so far the only thing I have seen was one broken rib. Bladder, kidney and intestines were fine.

Rear quarters has some broken blood veins though

Attachments

• image-183554440.jpg
    image-183554440.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 88

Caution

Gonna skin it and cut it up while it's still warm. Throw the chunks on ice and break out the sausage grinder tomorrow

Caution

I'll be over for dinner!

Well you can but you'll be knawing raw deer meat off of the carcass. We just gutted, skinned and washed it out for tonight and left it to hang in the shed.

Best we could tell the broken rib punctured the lung. Legs were pretty much fine. Will get some decent meat out of it.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
I fired a 30 some odd thousand dollar projectile at a doe this morning. 2nd one on 14 months.:ohwell:

RPMDAD

Years ago had a good friend who grew up in rural Ohio. His Mom worked for the local PD as a dispatcher. Every time a call came in about a car striking a deer, she would call her husband up who would go out and pick the deer up, my buddy said him and his brothers learned at an early age how to butcher a deer. It was a real staple on their table for dinner, and other meals.