Country Music

BOP

I looked back a couple of pages, but didn't see any thing specific to country music. Since some people are violently opposed to country the way some people are to 2nd hand smoke, I thought I'd start a thread just for country music.

I tend to like older country, and by that, I mean the roots of country. Stuff from Appalachia kind of roots. Music from the '40s and '50s, some of the '60s. Much past that, and country music loses me.

Tigerlily posted this in another thread, and I'd forgotten how much I actually liked Lacy J Dalton, which is a cool Country Western singer name.

I'd also forgotten about Sweethearts of the Rodeo, since most of this type of country music I haven't listened to since the late '70s, early '80s.

NextJen

Raisin cane
I grew up on Country music, sometimes a little bluegrass thrown in. Just this morning I woke up with this song in my head

Littlebit

I like pretty much all country music, but like some, I tend to like older artist the best, bluegrass is a favorite. I like Alan Jackson, George Strait for a couple. Actually I guess I like them all.

corollinout

I like the older stuff, the newer stuff is starting to get more Pop style than country. A new artist I really like is Frank Foster, he's not as big as the other singers, but I like his music a lot.

wharf rat

Smilin on a cloudy day
Old time country and bluegrass are my foundation.
They may be considered classic country now but I always liked Alabama.
Can't say I'm real familiar with the current country music scene.
Appalachian styles have always caught my ear.

BOP

How about a little "alternative" country?

Kinky Friedman

The late Country Dick Montana at the Belly Up Tavern in Solana Beach, CA

Last edited:

mamatutu

mama to two
Willie Nelson, before he became an outlaw.

Thanks, BOP! That is way cool! I would have never imagined Willy looking like that. We were all young once. I was 7 in 1962, and thought he was close to my age, and just a forever hippie! :lol: How old is he? I need to Bing that! I love Willy, and love that he is an outlaw. Great post! :smile:

Last edited: