Injured Canada goose - What are my options?

hitchicken

I just had a Canada goose waddle by the window headed downhill toward my neighbor's beach front house. It's right wing is obviously injured although it seems to be able to keep it up next to it's body. No other geese in the area right now although they are often around here since I am surrounded by a lot of water.

Do you have any suggestions? Options? I don't want chase it and make it worse. Putting it 'out of its misery' is not an option either. This is a crowded neighborhood; no shooting.

Ideas? Options?

Had one like that when I was a teenager. End result was I chased it down (not hard when they are injured) and caught it and my uncle wrung its neck. Ate it for Christmas dinner. No shooting involved.

slotpuppy

Ass-hole
I just had a Canada goose waddle by the window headed downhill toward my neighbor's beach front house. It's right wing is obviously injured although it seems to be able to keep it up next to it's body. No other geese in the area right now although they are often around here since I am surrounded by a lot of water.

Do you have any suggestions? Options? I don't want chase it and make it worse. Putting it 'out of its misery' is not an option either. This is a crowded neighborhood; no shooting.

Ideas? Options?

They get injured all the time in fights. There are multiple ones near my house. They goose will be fine or it will be someones dinner. Best to just let it be.

Roman

They get injured all the time in fights. There are multiple ones near my house. They goose will be fine or it will be someones dinner. Best to just let it be.
Yeah that! If he can keep his wing close to the body, he'll keep warm. Let nature take it's course, or call DNR as stated above.

Caution

Ideas? Options?

Breast it. Cut breast meat up into chunks, marinate, wrap in bacon, bake.

hitchicken

Drama over for now.

He, she, it.... waddled off the neighbor's beach into the water of Pax River. Swam around about 30' off shore. Wading out in my underwear was not an option. After a couple of check-backs, it was gone. Definitely paddled away. I would have seen it take off if had flown away.

Umm... bacon. Thanks, Caution. Now I'm hungry.

Where can I get a shotgun silencer?

Caution

He, she, it.... waddled off the neighbor's beach into the water of Pax River. Swam around about 30' off shore. Wading out in my underwear was not an option. After a couple of check-backs, it was gone. Definitely paddled away. I would have seen it take off if had flown away.

Umm... bacon. Thanks, Caution. Now I'm hungry.

Where can I get a shotgun silencer?

Heck if he can't fly a pellet rifle will slow him down enough to where you can run up and grab him and ring his neck.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
If their health care is so ####ing great, why the hell did the poor bastard have to fly all the way down here???

:killingme :drummer: :lmao: :roflmao:

I am not sure if I am happy y'all left this to me or, given the current events of the day, perturbed.

:buddies: