What do you think about this?

Larry Gude

Strung Out
These are the kind of bastards you end up in line behind at McDonalds, wanting them to hold the pickles, extra mustard, no salt on the fries...

:evil:

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
I want a cross prominently displayed in every courtroom and every place of public meeting, and every proceeding started with a fervent prayer for the guidance of Almighty God, by whose beneficence we have this nation today. You think I'd win at making that happen? Of course not. Satanists are actively engaged in ensuring that they will never have to look at a cross or a star of David, but by the same token they want us to permit them to display their symbols in the place of the very symbols they want removed. Doesn't seem like there's a balance here.

So. You asked what I think. There you have it.

ZARA

I find it hysterical and kind of fitting. The embodiment of Satanic worship revolves around self gratification. I see a lot of that going on in our political venues now days.

(Doesn't mean I think it should be allowed, just ironically funny)

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I think they should be scoffed at and told to go play in traffic, then promptly forgotten. The problem in this country is that we give every kook with an ax to grind newspaper space, which emboldens them and helps them gather. Nuts should be lone, not in groups.

How will we feel when the star and crescent start appearing on government and public buildings in the US? We will most likely feel like that is a political statement and an establishment of religion by the government. We will most likely feel very uncomfortable about it in terms of how we, if you're not a Muslim, will likely be treated by that government.

The US flag is one thing; it is all inclusive of the people of one nation. A religious symbol is not.

Kooks go wrong in attacking Christianity because that is all that stands between them and Islamic judgment of their behavior be it Satan worship or wanting to marry your pig. Christ teaches forgiveness before resorting to taking your head off. Islam teaches taking your head off is forgiveness.

Christians go wrong in establishing the groundwork for a Muslim take over by arguing symbols of a faith have a place in government of a people based on free religion.

Caution

How will we feel when the star and crescent start appearing on government and public buildings in the US? We will most likely feel like that is a political statement and an establishment of religion by the government. We will most likely feel very uncomfortable about it in terms of how we, if you're not a Muslim, will likely be treated by that government. The US flag is one thing; it is all inclusive of the people of one nation. A religious symbol is not. Kooks go wrong in attacking Christianity because that is all that stands between them and Islamic judgment of their behavior be it Satan worship or wanting to marry your pig. Christ teaches forgiveness before resorting to taking your head off. Islam teaches taking your head off is forgiveness. Christians go wrong in establishing the groundwork for a Muslim take over by arguing symbols of a faith have a place in government of a people based on free religion.

Had we stuck to the concept of separation of church and state this would be a non issue. We do this to ourselves.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
The US flag is one thing; it is all inclusive of the people of one nation. A religious symbol is not.
I disagree. The TCs are an historical symbol to me, not necessarily a religious one. It's part of our American heritage, whether or not you are a Christian.

And any number of Americans will argue that the US flag is NOT inclusive at all - we see their crazy rants in the news all the time.

73% of Americans identify as Christian. When Satanists or whoever else can pull those kind of numbers, then maybe they can have their symbols become part of our national decorating scheme. If I have to ####ing put up with their majority rules when it comes to our elected officials, they can deal with it when it comes to religious symbolism.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I disagree. The TCs are an historical symbol to me, not necessarily a religious one. It's part of our American heritage, whether or not you are a Christian.

And any number of Americans will argue that the US flag is NOT inclusive at all - we see their crazy rants in the news all the time.

73% of Americans identify as Christian. When Satanists or whoever else can pull those kind of numbers, then maybe they can have their symbols become part of our national decorating scheme. If I have to ####ing put up with their majority rules when it comes to our elected officials, they can deal with it when it comes to religious symbolism.

This is why we are a representative republic and NOT a democracy. There is no getting around the fact that the TC's are religious and of a specific faith anymore than there was getting around whether Dred Scott was a man or not, anymore than getting around the fact that the US flag is THE national flag and NOT a religious symbol. Convenience and mob rule are NOT supposed to rule the day. The law, constitutional law is.

By your reasoning, the Star and Crescent will be perfectly OK as, by that time, it will be mob rule once again; again, the very antithesis of what America is SUPPOSED to be.

As long as we keep operating based on how things are over how they ought to be, then, that is what we will always have; how things are. And never how they are supposed to be. You last comment betrays that you'd rather everyone suffer if you have to suffer than move towards proper government where you may have suffered but, made it meaningful arguing for the future betterment of all.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Had we stuck to the concept of separation of church and state this would be a non issue. We do this to ourselves.

Well, it's fine for things to have been thus and such once upon a time because that was the way it was. Slavery, women voting, no gay marriage, etc. But, if we are to move forward, end slavery, women's suffrage, equal rights, then, that means, if we do want that, then, those who used to have it their way need to sacrifice the non essential to maintain the essential and we don't do that very well and end up losing everything. Those who swore they'd rather lose it all than lose the right to keep others in bondage got their way.

And so it goes.

Caution

Well, it's fine for things to have been thus and such once upon a time because that was the way it was. Slavery, women voting, no gay marriage, etc. But, if we are to move forward, end slavery, women's suffrage, equal rights, then, that means, if we do want that, then, those who used to have it their way need to sacrifice the non essential to maintain the essential and we don't do that very well and end up losing everything. Those who swore they'd rather lose it all than lose the right to keep others in bondage got their way. And so it goes.

Oh I agree. If you are going do it for some, ya have to at least be willing to do it for anyone else.

Hindsight is 20/20 and all but IMHO, had the founding fathers foreseen the speed at which any person's or group's opinions would one day be able to be spread upon the population, it would have weighed heavily on the 'wording' of some of the documents formed to build this country that we hold so dear.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Hindsight is 20/20 and all but IMHO, had the founding fathers foreseen the speed at which any person's or group's opinions would one day be able to be spread upon the population, it would have weighed heavily on the 'wording' of some of the documents formed to build this country that we hold so dear.

Why? The founders built the perfect human document; it can be whatever MOST of y'all want it to be. They never envisioned a bill of rights and that's it. The built in an amendment process they figured would be THE mechanism that would keep the thing alive and vibrant for all time...were we of the future to simply use it as intended.

So, to your point; it shouldn't matter how fast a word or idea spreads because, at the end of each day, the amendment process is there to expedite or slow down whatever change is proposed. We, the people, have simply accepted bastardization of the process which imperils us all.

:shrug:

Caution

Why? The founders built the perfect human document; it can be whatever MOST of y'all want it to be. They never envisioned a bill of rights and that's it. The built in an amendment process they figured would be THE mechanism that would keep the thing alive and vibrant for all time...were we of the future to simply use it as intended. So, to your point; it shouldn't matter how fast a word or idea spreads because, at the end of each day, the amendment process is there to expedite or slow down whatever change is proposed. We, the people, have simply accepted bastardization of the process which imperils us all. :shrug:

It should not. Unfortunately that is not the case anymore and when the Govt itself sets the precedence of doing things like they did in this instance, how can they draw the line on what is acceptable and what is not when they have already chosen to go over that line when advised not to?

Our govt has enough hurdles to jump without creating new ones.

hotcoffee

I figure they already have some kind of display. The courts allow things God just hates.... the rulers make laws that make everything ok.... the people live by the laws not matter how corrupt....

We've seen this before.... I figure if God doesn't like whatever they hang on the wall.... no amount of super glue will keep it on the wall.... He'll just knock it over.... :killingme

:coffee:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I figure they already have some kind of display. The courts allow things God just hates.... the rulers make laws that make everything ok.... the people live by the laws not matter how corrupt....

So you're saying our whole justice system is a monument to Satan?

I'll go for that. :yay: