Beer Recycling

glhs837

Power with Control
Depends on how far you want to drive :) I notice that the electrolytic cell appears to be hooked up to nothing, don't those require electricity to do what they do?

Lots of little issues.... biggest is the law of conservation of energy. Just can't get more out than you put in, otherwise you'd have perpetual motion, which is not possible today due to so many factors. Another is the 'hydrogen push' into the storage canister. There is no pump, so the best you could do is just a few millibars over ambient pressure, which is practically nothing. I can't see a generator running on that for more than a few seconds, especially the one shown. You could use a much smaller generator, costs about $100, just to charge batteries. Using LED lighting, you could have lights and internet/cell that would last a while.

If they were to use solar cells to generate the hydrogen, and adding a hand pump to pressurize the tank, then I could almost see this as feasible.

Or just use solar cells to charge batteries. They'd be better off using water recovery systems to purify the urine back into drinking water.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Lots of little issues.... biggest is the law of conservation of energy. Just can't get more out than you put in, otherwise you'd have perpetual motion, which is not possible today due to so many factors. Another is the 'hydrogen push' into the storage canister. There is no pump, so the best you could do is just a few millibars over ambient pressure, which is practically nothing. I can't see a generator running on that for more than a few seconds, especially the one shown. You could use a much smaller generator, costs about $100, just to charge batteries. Using LED lighting, you could have lights and internet/cell that would last a while.

If they were to use solar cells to generate the hydrogen, and adding a hand pump to pressurize the tank, then I could almost see this as feasible.

Or just use solar cells to charge batteries. They'd be better off using water recovery systems to purify the urine back into drinking water.

Debbie Downer... :ohwell:

Chris0nllyn

Why not use anaerobic digestion and your septic tank to produce methane instead?

Or, if you're stuck using a generator, just build a fire. Wood gas generator.

Last edited:

glhs837

Power with Control
Why not use anaerobic digestion and your septic tank to produce methane instead?

Or, if you're stuck using a generator, just build a fire. Wood gas generator.

A septic tank system requires soil that percs, and wood is a lot of places in Africa isnt easy to come by. What they need is fusion.