World of Tanks

Caution

I usually get into a bit of computer gaming during the winter months and this year am looking at World of Tanks.

Got it downloading now and about to set up an account. Just wondering what some of you folks might have thought of it if you played before.

Jedmobile

Great game. Played it since closed beta.

You may want to look into WarThunder as well. They are about to bring their version of tanks online.

Caution

Great game. Played it since closed beta.

You may want to look into WarThunder as well. They are about to bring their version of tanks online.

I got the Beta on the Xbox 360 and fiddled around with that but am not a big console gamer. The controller just doesn't come natural for me. My son keeps yelling at me to press R-2 or some crap and I yell back "Where's R-2???". Figured I would give it a go on the PC.

It looks like something I could get into.

Jedmobile

I don't play consoles either. I highly recommend the PC version.

Out of town right now, but pm me later on this week and maybe we can team up.

Good luck!

Caution

I don't play consoles either. I highly recommend the PC version.

Out of town right now, but pm me later on this week and maybe we can team up.

Good luck!

Sounds good. My son gave me his old account to fiddle with. Says he no longer plays unless he comes here anyway.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
I played it for reals...

Hard to emulate the real thing, unless you have nose plugs, or cologne that smell like cordite..

Last edited:

Caution

Last edited:

Caution

So far I am liking the game. For the basic scenarios each game is generally over in about 10 minutes. So it's not something that takes oodles of time.

I have been hanging back playing defense a lot getting a feel for this. Has worked out a few times as the rest of my team got tore up and I was last left alive and my tank was still in good working order and was able to take out the last few enemy tanks trying to take our base and win the game.

Caution

I am not too much of a gamer but I do like this one. I suck at it but am getting the jist of it. Still playing in the Tier 1 battles but doing OK. I do really well if I am playing the defense of the cap. Have not quite figured out how to play offense very well yet. By the time I take position up on a flank and start working my way across, the other half of my team has already went flying straight across the map and taken their cap. All I get to do is clean up stragglers.

Good Fun though.

Tried Platooning with some bunch of folks. I take up position hull down on the backside of a hill and one of my team mates pulls up behind me and starts shooting around me letting me take all the hits. I get on voice chat with him and cuss him out. He comes back with" I am SORRY!!! I am only 8".

Soo I guess I need to watch the language a bit. LOL

BOP

I got the Beta on the Xbox 360 and fiddled around with that but am not a big console gamer. The controller just doesn't come natural for me. My son keeps yelling at me to press R-2 or some crap and I yell back "Where's R-2???". Figured I would give it a go on the PC.

It looks like something I could get into.

Download software to use an xbox controller on your PC...that'll blow his mind.

I've downloaded the software, but haven't installed it yet. I'm waiting for Fallout 3 and Skyrim to come down in price so I can install them on the PC (for modding purposes).

C

czygvtwkr

. I get on voice chat with him and cuss him out. He comes back with" I am SORRY!!! I am only 8".

Soo I guess I need to watch the language a bit. LOL

Tell him that doesn't matter in video games, quit being a scrub and take a hit.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
I apparently signed up in 2011 for this game, but only started playing 4 weeks ago ....

I have a Tier VII TD - JagPanzer IV
and a bunch of other tanks ... including the TOG

:buddies:

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
I played it for reals...

Hard to emulate the real thing, unless you have nose plugs, or cologne that smell like cordite..

... you would probably do well, in the higher Tier Battles

Tier I - III DE-evolve into Zerg Rushes .... almost NO one use tactics
which is sad, because if you do, you can clean up

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
way better for old farts that lack the reflexes of a 12 yr old ....... I enjoyed Half Life Death match in 1999 / 2000 when I was 34 / 35 ... now that I am 49 this better suits my reflexes

Misfit

Lawful neutral
It’s free on Xbox 360 and I played for a few days there but when my son took over the game room I loaded it on my lap top. I like it so far even though I’m not very good.