Strange, Unusual, or Bizarre Cat Behavior

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
So cats are unique pets, as all cat owners know. I was posting in another cat thread about how cats can be weird.

I have heard of people who say they can't allow a stranger in their home because their cat(s) freak out and start having bad behaviors like peeing outside the litter box.

I have a special case resident kitty named LuLu (the rescue from Tri-County), who when upset, will pee on the kitty beds, or a throw rug (never on wall-wall carpet or a bare floor (tile etc). So when she does it she is speaking to me. "I am unhappy" is what she seems to be saying :duh:. She is a special case we don't offer for adoption due to her occasional "pee" issues. I mean, who would want a cat with that kind of problem? Probably no one, unless they could give her a stress-free environment, you know? We will not knowingly adopt out a cat with litter problems - ever, unless the potential adopter was willing to work on that issue.

I know a lady who had about 8 cats, added a rescue (showed up at her barn) to her indoor cat group and a couple of her senior kitties started "protest peeing" on their kitty beds which over time expanded to the dining room table. So I understood her need to get the new rescue out of the house. That kitty was handed over to us. Great, very intelligent kitty named Mouse. He learned that when the alarm went off in the parent's room, the parent went to wake up the children. Well after a short time in the home, when Mouse heard the alarm go off, he would go wake up the children - how cool is that?

Does anyone else have any strange, unusual, or bizarre cat behavior to share?

Bay_Kat

Tropical
One cat I had years ago would poo in the bath tub when she got upset.

A couple of days ago my "old lady" cat got upset about something and she would just ignore everyone. If you tried to talk to her, she would turn her back on you and just sit there. She's fine today, running around with the boys, playing with kitty toys. She's a moody old thing, but my husband's favorite. When he goes away, she will pull all her fur out around her tail. It's all grown back now, but another reason I hate when he leaves.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
One cat I had years ago would poo in the bath tub when she got upset.

A couple of days ago my "old lady" cat got upset about something and she would just ignore everyone. If you tried to talk to her, she would turn her back on you and just sit there. She's fine today, running around with the boys, playing with kitty toys. She's a moody old thing, but my husband's favorite. When he goes away, she will pull all her fur out around her tail. It's all grown back now, but another reason I hate when he leaves.

It's amazing how dependent on an individual a cat can become. Foxy is so concerned when I go outside. He will get up on his hind legs to peek out the storm door to see where I am. My next storm door will be all glass so Foxy can sit inside and see out the door without standing up.

Roman

I have a pure bred rescue Persian that hates having long fur. When grown out, it's near 5 inches. She acts all sluggish, and depressed when it's long. She will pee outside the box if her fur goes over 2 inces in length. Once cut, she's all feisty, and happy to be free of it.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
I have a pure bred rescue Persian that hates having long fur. When grown out, it's near 5 inches. She acts all sluggish, and depressed when it's long. She will pee outside the box if her fur goes over 2 inces in length. Once cut, she's all feisty, and happy to be free of it.

wow - that's interesting! This is turning out to be a great thread!

Sweet 16

^^8^^
It's amazing how dependent on an individual a cat can become. Foxy is so concerned when I go outside. He will get up on his hind legs to peek out the storm door to see where I am. My next storm door will be all glass so Foxy can sit inside and see out the door without standing up.

Haha mine does this most nights when I come home. Hubby leaves the front door ajar and there is my kitty, standing up with his paws on the glass meowing loudly as I come up the walkway! I'm thinking, "Oh how sweet, he missed me!" while he's thinking "DINNER!!". :lmao:

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
Haha mine does this most nights when I come home. Hubby leaves the front door ajar and there is my kitty, standing up with his paws on the glass meowing loudly as I come up the walkway! I'm thinking, "Oh how sweet, he missed me!" while he's thinking "DINNER!!". :lmao:

We are merely servants to them LOL

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
oh my saw this and loved it! I wish I could get it to play as my avatar!

cat-jumps-onto-beanbag.gif

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
We had a cat named Rocky for about 20 years. He was around when our daughter was a very young baby. He figured she was defenseless, so he made it his job to be her guard. She was wearing Pampers in those days, and he used the large Pampers box as a guard shack, sitting inside it and keeping watch on the room and the baby - for hours.

A pair of kittens we once had, about 34 years ago, were with us on the 17-hour drive from Great Lakes, Ill. to Mount Airy, MD. I drove the whole way. On the PA Turnpike, I was battling to stay awake, and suddenly those kittens came and perched on the back of the driver's seat on either side of me, licking my ears and swatting each other. They kept me awake until I got my "second wind."

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
He hasn't yet. That would be kinda cool if he could do both .Lol:howdy:

I have some of those cheap-ish roman style roll up shades made of thin wood over my windows. When I let Lacey in the house the first time Foxy ran straight up the shade and hung on at the top and was looking up at the ceiling - was he gonna go higher? Lol

treehugger

Cat dog

Love the thread!

My female kitty will play fetch with you, she will bring the ball back time and time again.

My other female always has to be in your lap or between your legs at all times. She also loves to sit on our giant dogs, she doesn't care because she is the one who rules the roost, all 6 lbs of her vs 150 Dane.

My former male kitty used to climb my husband's legs as soon as he walked into the door so he could be picked up.

kelb

art imitating life
My cat screams when I sneeze. Lol

She also sits pretty for a treat ♥♥♥♥♥

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
Love the thread!

My female kitty will play fetch with you, she will bring the ball back time and time again.

My other female always has to be in your lap or between your legs at all times. She also loves to sit on our giant dogs, she doesn't care because she is the one who rules the roost, all 6 lbs of her vs 150 Dane.

My former male kitty used to climb my husband's legs as soon as he walked into the door so he could be picked up.

I have one that always wants to be picked up and she will stand up on her back legs and reach for me. I pick her up and place her on my right shoulder and she promptly switches to my left shoulder.