Pole Building Builder in So MD??

bchawkins

Does anyone know anybody who builds pole buildings in So Md? Everything I have been able to find is either located in DE or PA. I'd really like to give my business to somebody more local if at all possible.

Looking to have something around a 30x40 garage/shop built that looks good and HOA won't have a fit over.

Any help with this sure would be appreciated.

Happy New Years!!

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
Does anyone know anybody who builds pole buildings in So Md? Everything I have been able to find is either located in DE or PA. I'd really like to give my business to somebody more local if at all possible.

Looking to have something around a 30x40 garage/shop built that looks good and HOA won't have a fit over.

Happy New Years!!

There are lot of Amish, that build pole barns, its just hard to get ahold of them, because they do not have phones.

and they do great work at resonable prices

chrissyhh

R & D Cross, in Brandywine.(I don't remember the number ). Ask for David. They do awesome work. They sub all the labor out to Amish crews.

b23hqb

PREMO Member

Happy New Years!!

Do you mean Polish builders? Or people who specialize in poles? Tampa is the place to look, being the capitol of people who make their living "doing or working" poles......:yahoo:

nutz

Happy New Years!!

There's an amish guy on Brookline Road in Mechanicsville, Md. Can't remember his name , he manufacturers and installs metal roofs, siding and does complete buildings.
The L shaped building on the left of the road. The google marker is on Ryceville, Brookline is to the right of the map.

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=ryce...=us&ei=uonFUvzMDI_1oASWu4CYBQ&ved=0CCkQ8gEwAA

Last edited:

Chris0nllyn

We ordered a metal building online and had it delivered.

Had a company come out and pour the foundation.

The rest we did with a few friend and scaffolding. Had the building up in a weekend. Ours was 30x36.

glhs837

Power with Control

The rest we did with a few friend and scaffolding. Had the building up in a weekend. Ours was 30x36.

Ballpark cost, if you don't mind me asking? that's a damn good shop sized building.

Hank

my war

That's what I did. Not quite as big. Mine is 18 x 30

Chris0nllyn

Ballpark cost, if you don't mind me asking? that's a damn good shop sized building.

We dug all the footers, and put in all the rebar, so that saved tons of money also. Plus, we knwe a car lift was going in, so the concrete was made extra thick in the center. It really only needed to be 4", then 6" near the anchor bolts of the lift. Instead, we did 6" minimum, then it's closer to 10" at the lift anchors.

I think, when it was all said and done, total cost was around $15k. That included running plumbing, electrical, cable TV, the car lift, air compressor, insulation, windows, etc.

Too bad it's not big enough.

That's what she said.....

DannyMotorcycle

LOL @ not big enough. I'd like a 30x40 pole barn as well... (unless i may have to go smaller due to price).
It's sunday so R&D is closed in brandywine (but the one in upper marlboro is open?)

So those of you who had pole barns built, what size, what cost, and who did you use? I had thought i had found a place that would do some kind of 30x40(?)
building for around $9,xxx but i can't seem to find the link again just yet.. but i'm hoping to find someone who is used to building in charles co and won't
have any permit problems.

SandieGarry

My cousin used the Amish. He had to pick them up everyday and take them home in the evening. Very efficient craftsman, very reliable. Not sure if this is a viable option for you.

We dug all the footers, and put in all the rebar, so that saved tons of money also. Plus, we knwe a car lift was going in, so the concrete was made extra thick in the center. It really only needed to be 4", then 6" near the anchor bolts of the lift. Instead, we did 6" minimum, then it's closer to 10" at the lift anchors.

I think, when it was all said and done, total cost was around $15k. That included running plumbing, electrical, cable TV, the car lift, air compressor, insulation, windows, etc.

Too bad it's not big enough.

That's what she said.....
Did it increase your land taxes due to "improved property"?

OldHillcrestGuy

My son just had a pole barn (garage) built this past April, 28x28, he wanted it a bit bigger put ran into problems with the Health Dept. with approval because of drain fields and future drain fields. He wasn't able to put it where he wanted and once he moved he couldn't go any bigger then what he got. He checked all over the place locally, but went with Lancaster Pole Barns up in Pa. and got the best prices. I think the shell part just put up was like $14,000. The workers were great, they came down from Pa. and stayed here for about 3 days to complete it and then went back to Pa. They did a excellent job, and the color match with the house looks great.

DannyMotorcycle

My son just had a pole barn (garage) built this past April, 28x28, he wanted it a bit bigger put ran into problems with the Health Dept. with approval because of drain fields and future drain fields. He wasn't able to put it where he wanted and once he moved he couldn't go any bigger then what he got. He checked all over the place locally, but went with Lancaster Pole Barns up in Pa. and got the best prices. I think the shell part just put up was like $14,000. The workers were great, they came down from Pa. and stayed here for about 3 days to complete it and then went back to Pa. They did a excellent job, and the color match with the house looks great.

I just talked to Dave Cross, at R&D cross. He's running prices for me, he said under 20k i could get a 24x40 built, dirt floor and fill it in later,
with the skyline lights, as part of walls, i forgot the name of that, boxed eaves.. 1 big door and one normal door. Would be about a month before it could get started. I'm going to drive to one of the guys in southern md and see what he's talking about.

He said in some parts of charles county they want the building to be about half the size of the residence or less. I also stopped by bestbuiltsheds by costco in brandywine. The lady there was saying they want to raise the value of your property with the sheds so they can tax you more, but generally want to approve permits for that reason. That almost makes me wonder if i can get several smaller built sheds instead LOL

nutz

He said in some parts of charles county they want the building to be about half the size of the residence or less. I also stopped by bestbuiltsheds by costco in brandywine. The lady there was saying they want to raise the value of your property with the sheds so they can tax you more, but generally want to approve permits for that reason. That almost makes me wonder if i can get several smaller built sheds instead LOL

He was correct, it kinda depends on where you live. "All proposed structures must be located behind the front building restriction line, at least six (6) feet from the side or rear property lines and at least six (6) feet from any other buildings on the same lot. In the residential zones, accessory buildings larger than 1.000 square feet shall not exceed 50% of the gross square footage of the principal use or structure."

"Sheds 200 square feet or less do not require a building permit however, a zoning permit will be required"

https://www.charlescountymd.gov/sites/default/files/pgm/cpis/permit_guides/PG-resdetached_8-3-15.pdf

DannyMotorcycle

thanks found them. 10195 brook line rd

Btw that was BMR brookline Metal Roofing (inc?)
went there, gave them the specs to compare to what R&D cross is going to run 20x48.
(some trees got in the way)

They're supposed to call me back with a quote also.

I'm starting think about just getting a couple of 10x20's with like 12 or 16 foot sidewalls and then build attics for them afterwards.
Possibly space them a ways apart and then run a privacy fence between them and have some fenced off outside storage too..
That might save me like 10 to 15 grand. hmm.. might save me on permits.. and possibly taxes..

Last edited: