Dogs Running Stray... Callaway Area

frbdnrose

We have had these two dogs showing up in our yard for the last two-three weeks or so. We chase them off... they show up again. Over this time, they have gotten noticably thinner... and seem to be getting more brazen. They are now coming right up on our back deck, and snapped at my daughter while she had her son in her arms. One looks like maybe a boxer/pit mix and the other maybe a retriever/lab. They have collars, but we didn't see tags. I am worried that this pair will get worse with time. (I am also worried that they could be responsible for our missing kitten.) We called animal control Tuesday, after the one snapped at my daughter... they sent an officer out to assess the situation. The officer requested aninmal control... Animal control refused, because the dog ran from the officer... wasn't "aggressive enough" for them to respond... WTH is that about?!?! I just told them about this dog snapping at someone... I have my own pets, and young grandchildren that I am worried about... and these dogs - that are tresspassing on MY property - aren't "aggressive enough" for you to come out and waste your time doing your job?? So.... in an effort to get these dogs back home, before animal control is assisted in doing their job...., please PM me if you, or someone you know, might own these dogs. I would love to see them get back home... AND STAY THERE!

Attachments

• 20140101_161437.jpg
    20140101_161437.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 218

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
We have had these two dogs showing up in our yard for the last two-three weeks or so. We chase them off... they show up again. Over this time, they have gotten noticably thinner... and seem to be getting more brazen. They are now coming right up on our back deck, and snapped at my daughter while she had her son in her arms. One looks like maybe a boxer/pit mix and the other maybe a retriever/lab. They have collars, but we didn't see tags. I am worried that this pair will get worse with time. (I am also worried that they could be responsible for our missing kitten.) We called animal control Tuesday, after the one snapped at my daughter... they sent an officer out to assess the situation. The officer requested aninmal control... Animal control refused, because the dog ran from the officer... wasn't "aggressive enough" for them to respond... WTH is that about?!?! I just told them about this dog snapping at someone... I have my own pets, and young grandchildren that I am worried about... and these dogs - that are tresspassing on MY property - aren't "aggressive enough" for you to come out and waste your time doing your job?? So.... in an effort to get these dogs back home, before animal control is assisted in doing their job...., please PM me if you, or someone you know, might own these dogs. I would love to see them get back home... AND STAY THERE!

If I was you, I would shoot them.

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
It seems like they were abandoned, or like something bad happened to the owner(s). I agree that Animal Control should be doing something instead of making excuses, although I suppose they have some written guidelines they follow without thinking. Just commenting - I have no ready, humane solution to the problem.

BigDogT

It seems like they were abandoned, or like something bad happened to the owner(s). I agree that Animal Control should be doing something instead of making excuses, although I suppose they have some written guidelines they follow without thinking. Just commenting - I have no ready, humane solution to the problem.

Call Animal Control. There is a good probability that they are the same ones that have been seen behind the Kings Christian Academy and over into Elizabeth Hills. Pretty sure a Retriever was one of the ones that killed several farm animals (chickens, goats, etc) on, I believe, Indian Bridge Road.....

KDENISE977

Ummm... am I the only one who says she could just call animal control back and SAY the dog has bitten several people :shrug: Do they have to actually SEE the dog bite :confused:

aubriana

Call Animal Control. There is a good probability that they are the same ones that have been seen behind the Kings Christian Academy and over into Elizabeth Hills. Pretty sure a Retriever was one of the ones that killed several farm animals (chickens, goats, etc) on, I believe, Indian Bridge Road.....

Poor things are just hungry and trying to survive.

Roman

Poor things are just hungry and trying to survive.
I see your point Aubriana, and I feel bad for those dogs too. They probably are hungry, but if they snapped at someone holding a child, that's not a good thing. Stray dogs have been known to go after people, and pets when they're hungry. Something needs to be done with them, and quick.

aubriana

I see your point Aubriana, and I feel bad for those dogs too. They probably are hungry, but if they snapped at someone holding a child, that's not a good thing. Stray dogs have been known to go after people, and pets when they're hungry. Something needs to be done with them, and quick.

I agree with you, but it still makes me sad that someone, most likely, abandoned those animals.

SoMDGirl42

I've seen the same dogs running loose for about 2 weeks now. They are driving my dogs crazy hanging near my back door.

frbdnrose

They are still running around Cox's Run area this evening... chased them back out of here 3-4 times today! I really don't want to have to hurt them, I do love dogs, however I do love my grand-children much more! We have fired the paintball gun a few times, just to sting, but they don't seem to care... Still looking for my grand-daughters kitten as well :frown: Really hoping she wasn't a victim! Another call to animal control about to be made....

getbent

Thats how them b*tch's R
Posted a link to this article on FB. Hopefully someone recognizes them. They will eventually snap at the wrong person and end up shot.

frbdnrose

Posted a link to this article on FB. Hopefully someone recognizes them. They will eventually snap at the wrong person and end up shot.

Thanks! Hopefully they get back to where they belong... and not buried in someone's (especially my) pet cemetery!

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
It would be nice if the dogs could be picked up before the terrible cold tomorrow.