Panera Bread people

dave1959

Panrea Bread is NOT you office !!!! Its very frustrating when they are very busy, lunch time, and you see several people sprawled out over a table doing business/school work. Went in today at lunch time and there were at least three people (not together) with books and computers spread out over the table. Collectively they were taking up 10 seats...thats just plain rude.!!

And while I'm at it...Is there some kind of secret discount women get if they wear yogo pants... Cause, I swear every women in there today, that is what they were wearing...

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
Panrea Bread is NOT you office !!!! Its very frustrating when they are very busy, lunch time, and you see several people sprawled out over a table doing business/school work. Went in today at lunch time and there were at least three people (not together) with books and computers spread out over the table. Collectively they were taking up 10 seats...thats just plain rude.!!

And while I'm at it...Is there some kind of secret discount women get if they wear yogo pants... Cause, I swear every women in there today, that is what they were wearing...

Some people are just rude and they care nothing about whether they inconvenience you either. It's sad but true. Not everyone is a butt-head though.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
So let me make sure I understand.

People suck because they:
  1. Take up restaurant seats that you want to take up;
  2. And wear yoga pants.

Yep, that sounds like a reasonable beef to me.

Retrodeb54

Surely you jest ...

I would report it to management. Maybe they will see it for what it is, lost seats that paying customers could be sitting in and implement a policy accordingly.

:coffee:

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
I would report it to management. Maybe they will see it for what it is, lost seats that paying customers could be sitting in and implement a policy accordingly.

:coffee:

yeah, a cup of coffee and a danish doesn't entitle them to use the entire table for 3 hours .... how will they control that though?

lucky_bee

RBF expert

#### you.

I spent probably 3-4 days a week in Panera Bread...with my laptop...and papers...about 4-6 hours each day when I was looking for a job...for over NINE MONTHS. When I wasn't working my retail job just to pay my bills, I was in Panera Bread using their Wifi to get me the awesome position I have now. SO SORRY I was too poor to afford my own internet, JFC...I couldn't even afford rent. Although I made damn sure I bought a meal and coffee/tea from Panera every time I was in there. I prefered Panera bc people left me alone, the ambiance was nice, and I could get tons of work and research and planning done. I tried McDonalds. Kept getting approached by welfare mother####ers. And at the time, the closest library was pretty ghett-oh.

I never took up more than a table for two. If it was slow, maybe I'd set up in a booth, but as soon as lunch rush started I made sure to fold up and take up as little space as possible. I was there so often I was so sick of their food, I don't think I've touched it since I've started this job a year ago.

Panera specifically markets itself as a place to come and hang out, spend some time, unwind, use the wifi, write a paper, write a book...it's not just to stop in and grab lunch. It wants customers of all types, customers like you and customers like my past self. I live with my best friend and her toddler now...you know what? If for whatever reason I needed a place to go get some work done, I'd go hole up in a booth in Panera Bread. Because I can.

And I lived in yoga pants in those days. Not one person has ever complained about my yoga pants collection :kiss:

MAV

God is Great, Beer is Good and People are Crazy!!! Moto to live by :buddies:

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out
#### you.

I spent probably 3-4 days a week in Panera Bread...with my laptop...and papers...about 4-6 hours each day when I was looking for a job...for over NINE MONTHS. When I wasn't working my retail job just to pay my bills, I was in Panera Bread using their Wifi to get me the awesome position I have now. SO SORRY I was too poor to afford my own internet, JFC...I couldn't even afford rent. Although I made damn sure I bought a meal and coffee/tea from Panera every time I was in there. I prefered Panera bc people left me alone, the ambiance was nice, and I could get tons of work and research and planning done. I tried McDonalds. Kept getting approached by welfare mother####ers. And at the time, the closest library was pretty ghett-oh.

I never took up more than a table for two. If it was slow, maybe I'd set up in a booth, but as soon as lunch rush started I made sure to fold up and take up as little space as possible. I was there so often I was so sick of their food, I don't think I've touched it since I've started this job a year ago.

Panera specifically markets itself as a place to come and hang out, spend some time, unwind, use the wifi, write a paper, write a book...it's not just to stop in and grab lunch. It wants customers of all types, customers like you and customers like my past self. I live with my best friend and her toddler now...you know what? If for whatever reason I needed a place to go get some work done, I'd go hole up in a booth in Panera Bread. Because I can.

And I lived in yoga pants in those days. Not one person has ever complained about my yoga pants collection :kiss:

butttttt im sure you dont make the seams scream and test how far they can stretch.. :jet:

lucky_bee

RBF expert
butttttt im sure you dont make the seams scream and test how far they can stretch.. :jet:

haha I most certainly do not. The Lululemon guy had a point...except he failed to realize that most of the people who "should never wear these pants in public" can't afford his yoga pants. However, the threat will always remain as long as WalMart sells lounge wear :coffee:

aubriana

I'm pretty sure when you sign in to their Wi-Fi, there is a disclaimer you have to agree to concerning this very subject.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
I'm not bothered by the folks taking up a seat OR two. However, when you take up 4 seats (I've seen it many times) on a crowded day, that's a little selfish.

Do public libraries have Wifi?

Caution

:worthless

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

They have to be a paying customer in order to camp at a table, you can't just sit there and not order anything. So as far as I can tell, OP is bent because a paying customer is taking up a table that he would like to have for himself, which is nonsense.

And he's mad because women wear yoga pants.

Caution

They have to be a paying customer in order to camp at a table, you can't just sit there and not order anything. So as far as I can tell, OP is bent because a paying customer is taking up a table that he would like to have for himself, which is nonsense.

And he's mad because women wear yoga pants.

Maybe he looks like crap in them or something. I don't get it.

lucky_bee

RBF expert
I'm not bothered by the folks taking up a seat OR two. However, when you take up 4 seats (I've seen it many times) on a crowded day, that's a little selfish.

Do public libraries have Wifi?

I've never been to St. Mary's libraries, but Calvert's do. I didn't realize at the time, that as a Calvert resident I could still go use St. Mary's libraries. I was brand new to the area and was only familiar with a few free Wifi options.

Should've done so bc I'm sure I pissed off all those super important base employees by taking up ONE table. God forbid I try to be a productive citizen. :sarcasm:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

I have a question about that:

Is it customary to share your table if you aren't using the whole thing? I know they do this a lot in Europe, but I have never heard of that in the US. When I go to lunch or dinner by myself, I take up one seat out of two or four at my table and do not expect to have strangers joining me.

Caution

I've never been to St. Mary's libraries, but Calvert's do. I didn't realize at the time, that as a Calvert resident I could still go use St. Mary's libraries. I was brand new to the area and was only familiar with a few free Wifi options.

Should've done so bc I'm sure I pissed off all those super important base employees by taking up ONE table. God forbid I try to be a productive citizen. :sarcasm:

You can be productive "OR" look good in Yoga Pants. But if you do both you are going to fall victim those whining ME, ME, ME, ME!!!!!!!!!!

Tami2red

Um, where is PANREA Bread? And what are YOGO pants? :confused: