When does the murder trial start??

officeguy

Was wondering if anyone knows when the trial of John M Quade starts?

Arrest made in Strickland homicide - Southern Maryland News

Well, not suprisingly, his attorney was trying to get the trial moved to a jurisdiction that is friendlier to rapists and murderers. Last set of motions was a motion for continuance and an objection from the state against that motion. There was a trial date set for 1/24 but that has been cancelled as of 1/6. As these things go, the defense tries to drag it out to maximize the hours billed and to ensure that potential jurors have forgotten what an animal their client is ;-) .

Dakota

~~~~~~~

It was continued after being scheduled for the week of January 21st with the State objecting. State also objected to a change of venue but I think that could/may/might be granted just knowing the high profile of the case here in St. Mary's. We all know how this goes.... the system says they have to have a fair trial and whatnot so we cannot just yank out a rope and get it over quickly. :ohwell:

On another note, 2013 was a sad year for St. Mary's Medstar, they lost so many wonderful ladies. My husband's cousin worked with Moneta and Moneta had also cared for my grandmother when she was alive. Everyone spoke so highly of her and she was always very professional in my dealings with her. Sadly my husband's cousin was killed in a fatal motor cycle accident in October which was around the same time another woman passed away who was employed there. Just such great loses to society. I hope Quade never had a shot at parole and that is the best any of us can hope for since the death penalty is off the table in Maryland.

mamatutu

mama to two
It was continued after being scheduled for the week of January 21st with the State objecting. State also objected to a change of venue but I think that could/may/might be granted just knowing the high profile of the case here in St. Mary's. We all know how this goes.... the system says they have to have a fair trial and whatnot so we cannot just yank out a rope and get it over quickly. :ohwell:

On another note, 2013 was a sad year for St. Mary's Medstar, they lost so many wonderful ladies. My husband's cousin worked with Moneta and Moneta had also cared for my grandmother when she was alive. Everyone spoke so highly of her and she was always very professional in my dealings with her. Sadly my husband's cousin was killed in a fatal motor cycle accident in October which was around the same time another woman passed away who was employed there. Just such great loses to society. I hope Quade never had a shot at parole and that is the best any of us can hope for since the death penalty is off the table in Maryland.

Sad.

Dakota

~~~~~~~
Well, not suprisingly, his attorney was trying to get the trial moved to a jurisdiction that is friendlier to rapists and murderers. Last set of motions was a motion for continuance and an objection from the state against that motion. There was a trial date set for 1/24 but that has been cancelled as of 1/6. As these things go, the defense tries to drag it out to maximize the hours billed and to ensure that potential jurors have forgotten what an animal their client is ;-) .

Where would such a place exist? IMO, it doesn't. A white man in front of a jury for killing a black woman in a savage beating isn't going to get him much sympathy in Prince George's County. They can change the venue all they want but it is just a stall... he will be sentenced to the maximum sentence allowed which sadly will only be life in prison. All we can hope for is that he gets ass raped daily and it hurts like a S.O.B. He already had a long criminal record and was a registered sex offender so his 2nd chances have long run out.

officeguy

Where would such a place exist? IMO, it doesn't. A white man in front of a jury for killing a black woman in a savage beating isn't going to get him much sympathy in Prince George's County.

Maybe not PG, Montgomery is mostly white and chock full of liberals who will give him credit for his difficult youth and use this as an opportunity to tell off the hicks who prosecuted this poor soul.

Nobody in PG or MoCo knows or cares who Moneta Strickland was.

Dakota

~~~~~~~
Maybe not PG, Montgomery is mostly white and chock full of liberals who will give him credit for his difficult youth and use this as an opportunity to tell off the hicks who prosecuted this poor soul.

Nobody in PG or MoCo knows or cares who Moneta Strickland was.

Yeah 'cuz giving him credit for his poor upbringing worked so well in the past when they gave him just a mere 18 month sentence for his last sex offense after taking all that into consideration. :ohwell: I hope you are wrong, officeguy but thanks for reminding me that I have to breath the same air as idiots who think like that... of course they would change that line of thought if they, themselves, became a victim of a crime.

Tigerlily

Luvin Life !!!

Do you just play an martyr online or has this become a new hobby for you?
Let's talk about reality here. People get sick, people die, people grow old and then die.

Some people are bad and have no respect, one day they will die too, just the same as we all will. Your testimony is much better served in a court of law versus a website forum.

At this point you are honestly spreading a bias opinion in a community of a pool of potential jurors. Let the courts, the law and god take care of the rest.

officeguy

Yeah 'cuz giving him credit for his poor upbringing worked so well in the past when they gave him just a mere 18 month sentence for his last sex offense after taking all that into consideration. :ohwell: I hope you are wrong, officeguy but thanks for reminding me that I have to breath the same air as idiots who think like that... of course they would change that line of thought if they, themselves, became a victim of a crime.

Well, maybe I should re-think that. The courts in St Marys aren't exactly known to come down hard on anyone. I am suprised the district court commissioner didn't release him on his own recongnizance how they are known to do even for violent offenses :boo: .

MarieB

Do you just play an martyr online or has this become a new hobby for you?
Let's talk about reality here. People get sick, people die, people grow old and then die.

Some people are bad and have no respect, one day they will die too, just the same as we all will. Your testimony is much better served in a court of law versus a website forum.

At this point you are honestly spreading a bias opinion in a community of a pool of potential jurors. Let the courts, the law and god take care of the rest.

Huh?!

Tigerlily

Luvin Life !!!

I was just replying to a post wondering about the outcome of a trial that I A} have never heard of or B} Really don't care what the outcome is.

Honestly Marie, have you ever heard or reads of this barbaric injustice in our county before today? I by no means a trying to slight a wrong. Heck at least though I would like a heads up though in advance so I can form my own opinion. Com Si Com Sa. (SP)

MarieB

I was just replying to a post wondering about the outcome of a trial that I A} have never heard of or B} Really don't care what the outcome is.

Honestly Marie, have you ever heard or reads of this barbaric injustice in our county before today? I by no means a trying to slight a wrong. Heck at least though I would like a heads up though in advance so I can form my own opinion. Com Si Com Sa. (SP)

The OP asked when the trial was going to begin

And you then asked about martyrdom

Retrodeb54

Surely you jest ...

Friendlier than St.Marys? Say it ain't so. Does such a land exist? If it does thats just plain scary.

:coffee:

Baja28

Obama destroyed America

Where did she ask about the outcome? :confused: