Seeking Permission for Coyote Hunting

tidefish

Hello, I am a responsible and experienced hunter seeking permission for coyote hunting in the Southern Maryland area.

Coyotes have developed a strong breeding population in the state, and frequently prey on local livestock (up to 500 pounds) and domestic pets, creating major concern for the livelihood of farmers and private land owners.

Raised in a cattle farming family, I fully understand how important your property is to you. If granted permission to hunt, I promise to:

1.) Treat the property and its owner with the highest respect.
2.) Abide by any and all rules set by the property owner.
3.) Never visit the property for any purpose unrelated to hunting.
4.) Accept full responsibility and liability for my actions while on the property.

Thank you for your time and your consideration.

Last edited:

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
Hello, I am a responsible and experienced hunter seeking permission for coyote hunting in the Southern Maryland area.

Coyotes have developed a strong breeding population in the state, and frequently prey on local livestock (up to 500 pounds) and domestic pets, creating major concern for the livelihood of farmers and private land owners.

Raised in a cattle farming family, I fully understand how important your property is to you. If granted permission to hunt, I promise to:

4.) Accept full responsibility and liability for my actions while on the property.

Thank you for your time and your consideration, and if interested, please contact me by phone 301-452-5611 or email at wseested@gmail.com
What area are you looking to hunt?

Hank

my war

Thank you for your time and your consideration, and if interested, please contact me by phone 301-452-5611 or email at wseested@gmail.com

Lot of cougars up in here, boy! :party:

tidefish

Hello, and thanks for the reply. I am looking to hunt most anywhere in Southern Maryland. I currently do a far amount of turkey hunting in the Newburg (Charles County) area.

Just an additional note - I hear St. Mary's has a significant number of them. But again, I am interested in anywhere I am able to gain permission.

tidefish

Just curious have you tried the public lands done here? If so did you see, hear any?

Desertrat, I have not personally hunted public land in St. Mary's (yet), but know of others who have, and yes, they have seen and heard them. In fact, I believe I remember hearing a story about one coyote taken just south of Leonardtown in 2012 that weighed close to 50 pounds.

I can tell you from personal experience that they are thriving in Charles County, where I constantly see them while turkey hunting in the spring. I would bet dollars to donuts it is the same way in St. Mary's, especially since the two counties border each other.

Desertrat, I have not personally hunted public land in St. Mary's (yet), but know of others who have, and yes, they have seen and heard them. In fact, I believe I remember hearing a story about one coyote taken just south of Leonardtown in 2012 that weighed close to 50 pounds.

I can tell you from personal experience that they are thriving in Charles County, where I constantly see them while turkey hunting in the spring. I would bet dollars to donuts it is the same way in St. Mary's, especially since the two counties border each other.

They are here for sure. How many, no clue. I think not a large number yet or more reports would pop up, but it shouldn't take long.

Bushy23

Don't we have too many deer in the area?? Wouldn't we want Coyotes to stay around to take care of the deer problem??

C

czygvtwkr

Well there are plenty of people here that keep claiming they see them, that and the non-existent black cougar.

You want some real hunting Anne Arundel county is a hotbed for bigfoot activity.

Reports for Maryland

tidefish

that coyote that was mentioned from just south of Leonardtown, was killed by my father, while bow hunting for deer. We just got it back the other day, since it was the first coyote killed in st marys county, we had it mounted.. here are some pictures
View attachment 101127

View attachment 101128

View attachment 101129

anyone can feel free to check out Headshot Productions. We film the majority of our hunts here in st marys county.. Of course the camera was not around when this big female walked by, but hey, still have pictures and memories.
thanks for looking.
Headshot Productions
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Heads...41906305928651.

That's a nice looking mount, 07dmax. It amazes me how many people still vehemently argue a breeding population of coyotes in Maryland are a myth. They are here (obviously), and they will only continue to become more common.

What's really interesting about coyotes in the mid-atlantic is their classification by many researchers and biologists as a hybrid. Testing has proven that coyotes mated with wolves in the Great Lakes region as they came eastward (and wolves moved westward) over many decades. The pairings created viable hybrid offspring—identified by their DNA and skulls—that have been found up and down the eastern seaboard.

In Western Maryland, where coyotes are a frequent sighting, many land owners that would never give permission to hunt other game animals on their property are gladly giving permission for coyote hunting because they present such a danger to livestock. We have had several calves killed by coyotes on our farm in Virginia, right at the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains.

The next species people will be denying exist in Maryland are feral hogs. And yes, in a few small packs, they are here now too!

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
There have been several coyote sightings in my area (Valley lee/Piney Point) including at least one that was captured on a game camera.

Nobody doubts they are in the area. :buddies:

As more pets start to "disappear" the enthusiasm for controlling the population will certainly increase.

bilbur

that coyote that was mentioned from just south of Leonardtown, was killed by my father, while bow hunting for deer. We just got it back the other day, since it was the first coyote killed in st marys county, we had it mounted.. here are some pictures
View attachment 101127

View attachment 101128

View attachment 101129

anyone can feel free to check out Headshot Productions. We film the majority of our hunts here in st marys county.. Of course the camera was not around when this big female walked by, but hey, still have pictures and memories.
thanks for looking.
Headshot Productions
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Heads...41906305928651.

OMG, that is my dog. I thought he ran away.

Just kidding.

tidefish

There have been several coyote sightings in my area (Valley lee/Piney Point) including at least one that was captured on a game camera.

Nobody doubts they are in the area. :buddies:

As more pets start to "disappear" the enthusiasm for controlling the population will certainly increase.

Exactly!