What education success looks like

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Yet another failure of the right.

We know the problem, bad neighborhoods (wrought by 'progressive' social policies) coupled to institutions run by people who motivation is about their unions success, not the schools; a perfect storm of suck.

That said, if you just look at it like a capitalist, the solution presents itself.

To wit; a buddy of mine, total commie pinko, put up one of those woe is me teacher salary things illustrating how poorly they are really paid on a kid by kid basis, their salary, number of students, time spent. Something like $50,000/30kids/180 days=$9.25 a kid/6 hours=under $2 an hour, cheaper than a babysitter. A lot of left leaning friends did the 'like' and 'yeah, that!' thing.

I then, because this is what I do, pissed all over his parade and looked up the school district he cited and did the per pupil annual expense, in this case $12,000 per kid, per year or $360,000 for those 30 kids per year (about $11 an hour) and posed the question; If all the teacher gets is $50k of that, and teachers, we're told, and I agree, are so important, doesn't sound like the school system (the union) and not the tax payer is the one hosing the teachers?

Ruined the thread, I did.

So, that's how you attack this problem, if you care. You run on a platform that the teachers union, the school system, THAT is who is screwing the teachers and students, that tax payers already pay too much, WAY too much, and it's all going to waste. If you can get teachers motivated to do a better job and be loyal to the kid, and get paid for it, therein lies the solution. What could a teacher do with 30 kids and $360,000 a year?

It's not to get them to turn on one another. It is to empower a noble vocation, teaching, with the tools needed to freaking teach. To have the resources to address each kid as an individual, their strengths and weaknesses, to work with them on the basis of success and not just as a LCD thing that we have now.

Just for instance, Archbishop Carrol, one of the better private high schools in the DC area, costs less than $12,000 a year.

Think about that.

Hijinx

IMO this principal could not keep her job unless those in power above her were aware ,and totally condone her actions. (she has friends in high places)

They have to know what is going on, how can they hide it?

This is a problem of cronies in the school board ignoring what is going on.
(A good old boy system.)

I am sure the new Mayor --De Blasio will solve the problem. He will promote this principal to a higher paying job in the system, and replace her with another principal of equal of more corruption.

I can say with absolute certainty in my own mind that the problem isn't one belonging to this school only, and that it starts much higher up in the hierarchy of this school system.

A school system much like that in Washington DC.

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
IMO this principal could not keep her job unless those in power above her were aware ,and totally condone her actions. (she has friends in high places)

They have to know what is going on, how can they hide it?

This is a problem of cronies in the school board ignoring what is going on.
(A good old boy system.)

I am sure the new Mayor --De Blasio will solve the problem. He will promote this principal to a higher paying job in the system, and replace her with another principal of equal of more corruption.

I can say with absolute certainty in my own mind that the problem isn't one belonging to this school only, and that it starts much higher up in the hierarchy of this school system.

A school system much like that in Washington DC.

The reason she gets away with this is written all over her face.