Getting chilly up in here...

Hessian

Invest people!

Some of my generation remembers the Pink Panther pushing rolls of insulation around back in the 70's.

Bet you good money we will see a new surge in insulation/space heaters/wood stoves/ and electric blankets.

So, what companies lead the way?

DEEKAYPEE8569

:jameo: Global Warming! :jameo: Global Cooling!! :jameo:

Sunspots! :jameo: Ice Age! :jameo:

I'm so confused...... :crazy:

Agreed. Global Warming being a major component in the frigid temps just seems counter-intuitive; like saying you'll get sunburnt if you go outside on a cloudy day.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
Agreed. Global Warming being a major component in the frigid temps just seems counter-intuitive; like saying you'll get sunburnt if you go outside on a cloudy day.

I'll buy your counter-intuitive part, but about the sunburn:

Six common sun myths, exposed - CNN.com

Myth #5: If it's cool or cloudy outside, you don't need sunscreen.

Reality: According to the SCF (Skin Cancer Foundation), up to 80 percent of the sun's UV rays can pass through clouds. This is the reason people often end up with serious sunburns on overcast days if they've spent time outside with no sun protection.

I can attest to that, especially on sand or the water. My skin is pretty tough - I'm outside a lot in the FL sun, often times for hours, and rarely burn even without sunscreen, but the worst have come on overcast days.:buddies:

Don't know why - guess I'm just lucky.

Last edited:

Hessian

Looked over the 10 day forecast..

We are in for a long stretch of below normal days & bitter nights. I count only three days get above freezing.

Been a number of years since I saw the Pax River freeze over at Benedict. I bet by next week- we'll see it.

Dang,...should have loaded in more wood!

Hessian

Look at the bright side....

a) Less AC usage in summer

b) More beach & less people at it! (obama did promise to stop sea rise right? and then raise taxes so much that people can't vacation!)

c) Fewer place in Maryland will attempt to plant palm trees.

Vince

a) Less AC usage in summer

b) More beach & less people at it! (obama did promise to stop sea rise right? and then raise taxes so much that people can't vacation!)

c) Fewer place in Maryland will attempt to plant palm trees.
But I need more warm days for the golf course dammit. :doh:

Hessian

Always rest opinions on truth!...thanks for posting Gilligan. Maybe buying that coast NC land wasn't a bad idea in the long run!

NextJen

Raisin cane
From the article: "Even more importantly than the facts above, the USCRN provides the promise of reliable nationwide temperature data for years to come. No longer will global warming alarmists be able to hide behind thinly veiled excuses to doctor the U.S. temperature record. Now, thanks to the USCRN, the data are what the data are."

Guess what NOAA program could be on the budget chopping block.....