$9.84

If the credit charge was $9.84, take a closer look

Clever. They bank upon the victim not paying attention and/or not knowing what fees apply.

Not a bad play.

My only credit card #stolen was in Miami at a car rental place. Only place it had been used. We got a call a few days later about very small charges. Charged phone calls. 3-4 dollars. The credit card co. stopped it of course and were nice enough or the wife convincing enough that they gave us the phone it was charged to, a home phone#. I called the a holes and of course they denied it, but at least I got to have a bit of satisfaction from calling them out.

$9.84 could show up on my Verizon bill and blow right by me though. That is on my list to dissect *some cold Winter day.

(*I'm running out of excuses not to do it)

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
My in-laws found this charge on one of their cards. The merchant was listed as EIACINTERNETSALES or something like that. My FIL fired up the google machine and found a page that stated if you received a charge that you believe is fraudulent then you should give them (EAIC not the card issuer) a call and they would fix you right up...

I can hear it now, "Ok Mr. FIL just give me your card number and we will refund that amount immediately."

My FIL did not call the number but did call the issuer and got it squared away.