Epic Smow Storm

havingfun

It appears that a European Model is forecasting an Epic Event for the East Coast starting Feb. 9. Could cripple NJ, NY, MD. The only reason I belive it at the moment is that my last official big event is on Feb. 15 (Champagne Ball). I have an ice sculpture carver scheduled to arrive from NJ on the 10th to create our sculptures. Oh well, at least there will be plenty of Champagne to drink if no one makes it.

StadEMS3

PREMO Member
It appears that a European Model is forecasting an Epic Event for the East Coast starting Feb. 9. Could cripple NJ, NY, MD. The only reason I belive it at the moment is that my last official big event is on Feb. 15 (Champagne Ball). I have an ice sculpture carver scheduled to arrive from NJ on the 10th to create our sculptures. Oh well, at least there will be plenty of Champagne to drink if no one makes it.

got a linky? :howdy:

havingfun

Boo hiss. Hopefully it will wait until after your event.

It has been a theme for us this year. I hosted 800 people at the Wine Tasting in the pouring rain. Of course, outdoor event. We had tents and such and everyone had a great time but what a mess. The poor tall people that attended left pock faced from umbrellas poking them in the face all night!

Sweet 16

^^8^^
Hopefully it will wait until next year. Or at least be so epic that I can stay home and enjoy it instead of slogging to work in it.

terbear1225

Crap, i am running out of snow day activities for the 8yo and 5yo that don't end in a destroyed house and/ or all three of us wanting to kill the other two

:lol:

Weather guy from WBOC was just talking about the Internet rumors for next week.

Quote: "Wanna bet??" He doesn't think so.

sm8

I was just checking in with the hopes of someone saying this was a lie or hoax.

Attachments

• IMG_39979612457916-1.jpg
    IMG_39979612457916-1.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 150

RPMDAD

And of course the POLAR VORTEX is in place. I always thought we needed some polar bears here in SOMD.

Inkd

Shoot. I was hoping if we got any more bad snow it would be before I leave to go back to work on the 5th.

My mother is still getting over pneumonia and even with a snow blower, I don't like my grandfather doing it.

May have to leave some money. We actually had kids come by the last time and ask to shovel us out.

I would gladly pay them if we get hit again and I'm not here.

sm8

My dads friend offered to bring a wood splitter over and split my wood pile for me. I feel bad taking a hand out but with this in the forecast I may just have to take him up on his offer.

MMDad

Lem Putt
I was just checking in with the hopes of someone saying this was a lie or hoax.

They never get it right one day before, so why would you trust them 10 days out? Last night wasn't supposed to be anything on 3 days ago, dusting two days ago, an inch yesterday, and I ended up with more than 5".

Yes, there is a model that is predicting that storm, but all it would take is a little disruption to completely change it. Like if someone lit a fart. But, of course, the disruption could just make things worse.......