Wash that salt off your car this weekend

Hijinx

Wash off that salt this weekend so you can start next weeks onslaught of snow in a shiny bright car.

Really folks that salt needs to come off.

getbent

Thats how them b*tch's R
I'm planning on doing that. Think it's too cold to use a power washer? Otherwise I'll pay and go through a car wash. I like Cheseldines if it's open.

I'm planning on doing that. Think it's too cold to use a power washer? Otherwise I'll pay and go through a car wash. I like Cheseldines if it's open.

A power washer can strip the clearcoat off the paint. I did that to the wheels on my 4-Runner.

Better off using a brushless carwash.

getbent

Thats how them b*tch's R
A power washer can strip the clearcoat off the paint. I did that to the wheels on my 4-Runner.

Better off using a brushless carwash.

I've used it before, gentle attachment, standing a couple feet away. Mostly was to rinse junk off not really wash. Being lazy and not really wanting to bucket wash, water will still be freezing cold. Maybe I'll just pay :/

edinsomd

Fill up the tank and trip through the rain locker is on the schedule for tomorrow. My 4runner looks like a sugar cookie right now!

mamatutu

mama to two
Wash off that salt this weekend so you can start next weeks onslaught of snow in a shiny bright car.

Really folks that salt needs to come off.

That is good advice. Just got the 100,000 mile tuneup/makeover on my 1993 4-runner, and it is good for another 100,000. My mechanic says he sees corrosion on the undercarriage and says no matter how clean you keep your car, it is inevitable over time, but getting it washed often will help. In other words the guts of my 4-runner will outlast the body! :frown:

C

czygvtwkr

Is there anywhere in southern md that has undercarriage wash nozzles?

mamatutu

mama to two
Is there anywhere in southern md that has undercarriage wash nozzles?

The car wash across from the bowling alley in Huntingtown. I think it is called splash n dash. I know they remodeled recently, but I am sure they are the same; detailing and everything. It's been a while since I was there. Last winter being so mild and all. I usually wash my own car. Not now! :yikes:

I just looked it up. It is called Auto Spa now. Spas for our cars! :killingme

merc669

The carwash behind Jiffy Lube on 235 supposedly has them as well as the car wash on the corner of 235 and Hermonville Rd. out by Gate 3.

And thats on my agenda this weekend also..

dontknowwhy

I use the one by Blimpie
When they're finished, I usually tip them a nice shiny quarter
When they look at me with disgust, I tell them I can always afford to tip appropriately when Republicans are running things

Just doing my part to promote the disparity gap :coffee:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Ran out of puppy chow so, me and Wasabi hit the store early this am and then off to the car wash. Her first.

She was NOT happy and sat in my lap the entire time, shaking.