Get these MFing cell phone talkers off

glhs837

Power with Control
my MFing roadways !!!!!!!!!!!!:cds::cds::cds::cds:

Jebus!!!!!! This last week has been horrible with them. Seems about +%95 of the people just screwing up by the numbers have a damn phone in their hands on the wheel or against their heads. Latest one, lady coming out of WalMart SB, creeping in the turn lane waiting for a chance to enter 235. I slow, and slow, and pace her two car lengths back, waiting for her to notice said gap I have opened, since I am going to Plaza Alteca. She ignores it, and ignores it, and ignores it. I don't want to slow anymore, or I risk getting rear ended, so I hammer it and get ahead of her. Then as I'm pulling in front of her, one car length up from her she decides that a great time to accelerate first and then move left as I'm trying to slow to enter a parking lot..........:cds:

So, as I'm pulling into the parking lot at +3gs so she doesnt clip my azz end, quickly clearing the driveway so I'm not hitting anyone coming out, I see as she's passing me, she flips me off with the hand not holding a cell to her ear!!!!!!!!! :cds: Screw paintballing them, the cops should be allowed to give'em a quick roadside tasing on GP.

my MFing roadways !!!!!!!!!!!!:cds::cds::cds::cds:

Jebus!!!!!! This last week has been horrible with them. Seems about +%95 of the people just screwing up by the numbers have a damn phone in their hands on the wheel or against their heads. Latest one, lady coming out of WalMart SB, creeping in the turn lane waiting for a chance to enter 235. I slow, and slow, and pace her two car lengths back, waiting for her to notice said gap I have opened, since I am going to Plaza Alteca. She ignores it, and ignores it, and ignores it. I don't want to slow anymore, or I risk getting rear ended, so I hammer it and get ahead of her. Then as I'm pulling in front of her, one car length up from her she decides that a great time to accelerate first and then move left as I'm trying to slow to enter a parking lot..........:cds:

So, as I'm pulling into the parking lot at +3gs so she doesnt clip my azz end, quickly clearing the driveway so I'm not hitting anyone coming out, I see as she's passing me, she flips me off with the hand not holding a cell to her ear!!!!!!!!! :cds: Screw paintballing them, the cops should be allowed to give'em a quick roadside tasing on GP.

taser the phone

direxpgw

Phone

While I understand your frustration I don't think the problem is particularly the cell phone issue. I think people are just generally morons nowadays. I would bet that the general lack of courtesy we see everywhere would still exist even if there were no cell phones. I routinely talk on phone while driving and believe I'm just as aware and courteous as without. Texting is a different issue and is def dangerous. But there are just too many people that can't walk and chew gum at the same time out there. And yes, they should be tased. Phone or not.

bilbur

While I understand your frustration I don't think the problem is particularly the cell phone issue. I think people are just generally morons nowadays. I would bet that the general lack of courtesy we see everywhere would still exist even if there were no cell phones. I routinely talk on phone while driving and believe I'm just as aware and courteous as without. Texting is a different issue and is def dangerous. But there are just too many people that can't walk and chew gum at the same time out there. And yes, they should be tased. Phone or not.

Not everyone can say this. I was just driving on Rt. 4 and I got behind an older guy in a big cowboy hat doing below the speed limit. I wasn't mad because we were in the slow lane but I was worried because he was swerving a little. It took me a while to pass because of the traffic but when I could get by I could see him on his cell phone. Once I got past I got back to my 64mph and a few minutes later he comes zooming by me doing at least 75. So in his case his driving habits majorly changed while he was on a cell phone.

Not everyone can say this. I was just driving on Rt. 4 and I got behind an older guy in a big cowboy hat doing below the speed limit. I wasn't mad because we were in the slow lane but I was worried because he was swerving a little. It took me a while to pass because of the traffic but when I could get by I could see him on his cell phone. Once I got past I got back to my 64mph and a few minutes later he comes zooming by me doing at least 75. So in his case his driving habits majorly changed while he was on a cell phone.

Maybe his wife was telling him he better get his ass home asap!

idiganthro

Another fav- the people who are on the cell phone, smoking, and driving a stick shift.

Then there's the lady I've seen multiple times putting on full makeup in her visor mirror during morning commute. Not just lipstick... eyelash curler, mascara, the whole process.

Seems like almost every car you look at lately has someone talking on the cellphone, texting, eating or just doing something besides driving!

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
I routinely talk on phone while driving and believe I'm just as aware and courteous as without. :drama:

You're incorrect.

All studies on the subject show that you are incorrect.

Every single person that's using a phone while driving feels exactly like you and they're all incorrect.

When you're driving your car, drive your damn car :smack:

Last edited:

glhs837

Power with Control
It's quite possible to talk on the phone and safely drive, and in my opinion, there is a change when you are holding the phone, not sure why, but I firmly believe so. It's a simple matter of attention management.

If you are on the phone, even holding it, and still paying the proper attention to driving, being willing to ignore whatever is going on on the phone to give your driving the proper amount of attention, that's fine. If you can juggle flaming chainsaws and still driver properly, more power to you.

But those are not the folks in question. 5-10 mph under the limit? Unless you are over 60, it's a +%98 chance you are holding a phone. Weaving in your lane and not drunk, call that +%50, since there are many sloppy drivers who simply cant color inside the lines :) Still sitting at a green 2-3 seconds after it turns? We all know how likely it is that that person is holding a phone. I could seriously take a 20 minute drive every day and write more than 5 tickets, just between Gate 1 and Route 4. Not counting the +20 minutes taken to write the citation.

Evidence? Give me about $300 and we could rig a COTS dual dashcam so it records out the front side widows of a cruiser, hit the freeze button when you see a talker, there's' your evidence. These people are freaking dangerous.

KDENISE977

You're incorrect.

Every single person that's using a phone while driving feels exactly like you and they're all incorrect.

When you're driving your car, drive your damn car :smack

:dingding::dingding::dingding:

Thank You !

I refuse to talk on the cell phone with my kid in the car, not even hands free device because it's distraction...whether you want to beleive it or not. On my way home from work, I may use my hands free to call the husband and check if he needs something at the store, that's it. It's not safe. I don't care what anyone says :lalala:

glhs837

Power with Control
You're incorrect.

When you're driving your car, drive your damn car :smack:

Sorry, I disagree, all the studies I see are flawed in one simple way. ther require you to maintain communications flow no matter what else is going on, and if you don't, that data is tossed as flawed. You can communicate and drive millions do it every day with their passengers.

it's about task management.

MMM_donuts

I've noticed a lot of people on the phone this week, too!! Like, more than normal, which I though was extra weird because of the snow and stuff.

People actually talking on their phone, clearly, AND driving in a manor that should get them pulled over. Weird.

MMM_donuts

Where's itsrequired when you need him? I have questions about traffic regulation on rt235. The cops HAVE to know and see this stuff going on but I rarely see anyone getting pulled over. Is my perception off? Is it a money thing? I don't understand.

direxpgw

Phone

Sorry, I disagree, all the studies I see are flawed in one simple way. ther require you to maintain communications flow no matter what else is going on, and if you don't, that data is tossed as flawed. You can communicate and drive millions do it every day with their passengers.

it's about task management.

I agree. Whether I drive and talk hands free or while holding a phone it's inconsequential. No different than driving with one hand and resting the other on the armrest. We live in such a nanny state it's uFb. Some people are just easily distracted and couldn't drive worth a damn on a good day.

Sweet 16

^^8^^
It's about the physical act of picking up your phone, looking at it, holding it or cradling it to your ear while you talk as each of these requires you to take your eyes off the road and/or your hand(s) off the wheel, however briefly. The actual talking part isn't any different than conversing with someone next to you or in the back seat as long as you aren't physically holding or looking at the phone. In fact, it's probably less dangerous because you're not turning to look at the person next to you or in the back seat when you talk. But 99% of the people I see driving are holding their phone either talking on it or texting and THAT'S what's dangerous.

glhs837

Power with Control
You really want his holier than thou attitude in here?

Sure, if it's safe for police officers to operate data terminals and conduct hand held cell phone calls while operating a car safely, it obviously can be done, he can tell us how.