What happened to Mom and Pop's?

mamatutu

mama to two
The Mom and Pop's at the corner of Williams Wharf and Broomes Island is shut down, boarded and papered. We didn't use that place much because their prices were high, and many employees were rude. Just curious because it is in my neighborhood. I hope they are remodeling or sold to someone else. It will become an eye sore if neglected, and we have enough of that crap in my neck of the woods.

mamatutu

mama to two
Being able to get gas and propane there in a pinch was a good thing, but usually I would drive to Len's in Broome's Island, Fastop, or Buehler's in St. Leonard to get an item that I forgot at the grocery store. Mom and Pop's has been there for a long time, and has changed hands several times since I have lived here. I just hope someone else has taken it over, or the owners are remodeling; instead of it going into disrepair.

Last edited:

tommyjo

So.......according to you:

1. Their prices were high

2. Their staff was rude

3. People in the neighborhood (yourself) went elsewhere to shop

And

4. Another poster said their food sucked.

And yet you wonder why it closed?

BOP

2. Their staff was rude

And

You were on staff there, weren't you?

MarieB

2. Their staff was rude

And

No, she was wondering if it was closed for good :whistle:

TPD

the poor dad
And their food sucked.. we had one in Ridge, and we were so happy, PIZZA DELIVERY IN THE BOONDOCKS... we ordered from them once..

Same here. St. James is just a short drive though….but sometimes I forget that I can't start the refreshing beverage as soon as I hang up the phone from ordering - I still have to DRIVE to pick up the food in 15 minutes…..oh well, we are south of the city….

Rt235

The Mom and Pop's at the corner of Williams Wharf and Broomes Island is shut down, boarded and papered. We didn't use that place much because their prices were high, and many employees were rude. Just curious because it is in my neighborhood. I hope they are remodeling or sold to someone else. It will become an eye sore if neglected, and we have enough of that crap in my neck of the woods.

It is because of people like you who "claim" to be in the neighborhood who dont patronize the local Mom and Pop business. from what I have been told, business had been IN business for a long time.
Must feel good to bash a business you have never been a regular customer at.

And for what you waste on time and gas going to Prince Frederick..you could have saved at the Mom and Pops.

mamatutu

mama to two
It is because of people like you who "claim" to be in the neighborhood who dont patronize the local Mom and Pop business. from what I have been told, business had been IN business for a long time.
Must feel good to bash a business you have never been a regular customer at.

And for what you waste on time and gas going to Prince Frederick..you could have saved at the Mom and Pops.

You have your info all screwed up. I am not surprised. Yes, the mom/pop's has been there a long time. I patronized that business for years. Like I said it has changed hands several times in the 15 years I have lived here. The latest owners jacked up the prices, and I experienced rudeness from a few who worked there, so I stopped patronizing it. I shop once a week in PF. I said I go to Len's in Broomes Island (5 mins) or Buehlers or Fastop in St. Leonard (8 mins)if I need an emergency item. When I go to St. Leonard, I stop at the dump to make it a worthwhile trip. Thanks for your feedback on absolutely nothing I said in my previous posts. :killingme

My main reason for starting this thread was wanting to know what was going on, and that I hoped it didn't turn into an eyesore, or go into disrepair. I know the current owners own other businesses in the area. Maybe, they didn't want to own mom/pop's anymore. Who knows. But, maybe some one here has the answer I was looking for. It is obviously not you 235!