taxi service to airport

TGB

Just wanted to know if there are any taxi services to BWI from Saint Mary's county? TIA

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
There used to be a shuttle from the county airport that cost about the same as renting a car

spinner

What happened?

They were supposed to pick her up at the airport, her plane was delayed, they didn't want to wait [they were already at the airport for a drop off] so she ended up having to get a hotel room for the night. They picked her up the next day and charged her extra. They were supposed to refund part of her money but didn't. At least that was the way I remember it.

Before that she had used them several times no problem.

terbear1225

Not sure how long your trip is but it might be cheaper to drive yourself to one of the hotels near the airport and "rent" one of their parking spots. Then you can use the hotel shuttle to get to/ from the airport. Did this for my last solo trip and it was cheaper than a taxi service.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
They were supposed to pick her up at the airport, her plane was delayed, they didn't want to wait [they were already at the airport for a drop off] so she ended up having to get a hotel room for the night. They picked her up the next day and charged her extra. They were supposed to refund part of her money but didn't. At least that was the way I remember it.

Before that she had used them several times no problem.

Sounds similar to our experience. They were there to pick us up and another client. Our flight was slightly delayed, so they decided to take the others back down the road, knowing they didn't have enough time to get back for us. We called and they wouldn't answer or call us back, hence the rental car to get home. They also refused a refund for us, too.

BernieP

Resident PIA
I spend a lot of time going to and from the three local airports.
I've tried to use a "limo" service but have determined they don't want to be bothered. Maybe if it were a group.

So my options are personnel vehicle, which I know is waiting and ready to go, don't have to play games with local rental places (Avis sucks in the Park).
But parking can cost you. I know if you are flying out of BWI the hotels (assuming you rented a room) will let you park for free and then take their shuttle.

I like Avis and Hertz (save the local outlets) because as a "club" member the keys are in the car and it's ready to go - I've had the airport shuttle driver actually drop me at my car at Dulles (it's free to join - it's their way to foster good will and get repeat business).

Simply put, I don't trust the local taxi / limo service. I know I'm not worth the money (2 hours up, 2 hours back plus gas) so they aren't going to accommodate me. They're going to try and put as many people in the vehicle as they can.

GopherM

Darwin was right
Not sure how long your trip is but it might be cheaper to drive yourself to one of the hotels near the airport and "rent" one of their parking spots. Then you can use the hotel shuttle to get to/ from the airport. Did this for my last solo trip and it was cheaper than a taxi service.

That is what I usually do and it is much cheaper. If you are flying out of Reagan Natl. you can normally get a hotel with covered parking. BWI not so much. The same with Dulles. The most reasonable parking with free transport to and from the terminal is at a lot right behind the rental lot.

MarieB

Just wanted to know if there are any taxi services to BWI from Saint Mary's county? TIA

You can rent a car from National to go to the airport. It's pretty cheap and would no doubt be cheaper than a shuttle or taxi

officeguy

Around BWI, there are a number of privately operated lots that are a bit cheaper than the on-airport economy parking. As they compete against each other, they tend to treat the customers well. For a week sunday-sunday you pay between $50 and $70, unless someone needs your car at home, why bother with a taxi, shuttle or rental car ?

Hank

my war
Around BWI, there are a number of privately operated lots that are a bit cheaper than the on-airport economy parking. As they compete against each other, they tend to treat the customers well. For a week sunday-sunday you pay between $50 and $70, unless someone needs your car at home, why bother with a taxi, shuttle or rental car ?

Airport Economy is only $8 a day.

garyt27

INAFJ
SmartRide Inc. Personal service, sedan or van. Great PSC licensed drivers. very reliable
410-535-6932.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I've used Martin for a long time but not in the last couple of years. Never a problem. What I'm hearing suggests they've fallen off their game..?