Need help with foster homes and supplies

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
We are getting into serious financial trouble due to the length of time we have been caring for so many adoptable critters. The credit cards are full and we can barely afford to buy even the cheapest pet foods at this point. All are due for another round of flea/tick treatments also.

Can you foster a kitty or 2 or 3? We have 2 somewhat shy kitten twin boys that need more socialization with new people and who have had no exposure to other cats yet.

Can you donate supplies? We welcome gift cards to places we can buy critter supplies i.e. any grocery store, Tractor Supply, any drug store, pet stores, etc. You can make Paypal donations also. Snail mail is:

Lisa's Ark Critter Rescue
P O Box 811
Bandywine, MD 20613

RPMDAD

Sorry Ark, can't help with fostering, my nephew moved into the house with a 2 year old pit
when i asked him if the pit liked cats, he responded with yes, with and without ketchup. We already have one kittie we need to keep separated. Are you looking for dry cat food? i If so i will pm you later.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
Sorry Ark, can't help with fostering, my nephew moved into the house with a 2 year old pit
when i asked him if the pit liked cats, he responded with yes, with and without ketchup. We already have one kittie we need to keep separated. Are you looking for dry cat food? i If so i will pm you later.

Yes dry cat food. Pits don't always eat kitties lol.

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out
No problem. My friend got her free dog food and the good brand being on sale for $11.99 and the $10.00 off making it $1.99 for a big bag. Just wanted to share.

:confused:

what "good brand" of dog food was on sale for 11.99 :killingme

mAlice

professional daydreamer
The statement on your site says "These are some of the critters we have helped .."

Why don't you post pics of the animals that are available, and tell a short story about them? I also took a peek on petfinders.com, and didn't see the name of your rescue listing any available pets.

How do you typically advertise what pets you have for adoption, besides the forums?

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
The statement on your site says "These are some of the critters we have helped .."

Why don't you post pics of the animals that are available, and tell a short story about them? I also took a peek on petfinders.com, and didn't see the name of your rescue listing any available pets.

How do you typically advertise what pets you have for adoption, besides the forums?

I don't know how to use the program that Go-Daddy offers. I've tried for years to find someone to help, but everyone wants to get paid. Not sure how I was able to get those pictures uploaded years ago. Too busy caring for critters and working to try to learn that tool they offer. So we point people to our FB page for pictures.

Gal who joined the rescue took a web design class and said she would help but months keep going by. She's very busy so I don't know what to do at this point. We need basically 3 pages. One with current adoptables, one with those that were adopted, and a page with links to good info. about caring for your critters. I asked again in December and she said she will get some time soon. So we wait.

Last edited:

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
Petfinder is for use by shelters and rescues who have their non-profit status. Our application for non-profit status is stuck on my old PC that I can't login to, here is that thread and now that I found an older version of the file, I don't have to start completely over, but this sets me back several months of work I did on the version that is stuck on my old PC.

We advertise here, on Craig's List, the Pennysaver, post printed flyers around where allowed, and via Facebook.

We have had so many critters for so long that we had to spend the money we had saved for the filing fee for the non-profit application. Now we have to not only find homes for the critters, but also fundraise again to get that money replaced at some point in the future. Hopefully things will come together soon as far as adoptions or we will be competing with kitten season, trying to find homes for 1 years olds that didn't get adopted as kittens.

I'll certainly know better than to take in so many kittens at the same time in the future. We are coming up on 1 year soon for some of the older ones. They are such great kitties and I feel bad for them that they get so little attention.

Last edited:

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
Thanks so much to those of you that helped us out. We received 2 Paypal donations, 1 snail mail donation, and someone mailed us some coupons to buy some kitty food :yay:. We were able to buy 12 cans of Iams wet kitty food for $2.12 after coupons. We have enough coupons left to do that 1 more time for another 12 cans (limit per visit on coupon use).

We are still hopeful that we will find someone to work with the dark gray boy twins to give them experience with different people (shy). I am not sure why these boys are shy, they are not ferals. Their Mother was an indoor/outdoor kitty that was quite domestic hmm. So if someone has a little time to work with them, that would be awesome.

We have discovered that most kitties will accept the horse bedding pellets as litter. The pellets are only $6 a bag from Tractor Supply. Our litter expenses went from about $45 a week to $6 - how cool is that? :biggrin:

We are still in need of monetary help and/or supplies if anyone was on the fence about helping before. These little darlings will hopefully be in their new homes soon. I can hardly wait to hear updates after critters get adopted. We received update pictures on Stars and Moon and they look so great as adults. I fell in love with Stars due to her pretty colors, well they fell in love with her too :yay:. They are sisters and are still together and that is so cool!

Roman

Thanks so much to those of you that helped us out. We received 2 Paypal donations, 1 snail mail donation, and someone mailed us some coupons to buy some kitty food :yay:. We were able to buy 12 cans of Iams wet kitty food for $2.12 after coupons. We have enough coupons left to do that 1 more time for another 12 cans (limit per visit on coupon use).

We are still hopeful that we will find someone to work with the dark gray boy twins to give them experience with different people (shy). I am not sure why these boys are shy, they are not ferals. Their Mother was an indoor/outdoor kitty that was quite domestic hmm. So if someone has a little time to work with them, that would be awesome.

We have discovered that most kitties will accept the horse bedding pellets as litter. The pellets are only $6 a bag from Tractor Supply. Our litter expenses went from about $45 a week to $6 - how cool is that? :biggrin:

We are still in need of monetary help and/or supplies if anyone was on the fence about helping before. These little darlings will hopefully be in their new homes soon. I can hardly wait to hear updates after critters get adopted. We received update pictures on Stars and Moon and they look so great as adults. I fell in love with Stars due to her pretty colors, well they fell in love with her too :yay:. They are sisters and are still together and that is so cool!
You can also use Chicken Feed for Kitty Litter!!