Neglected Dog - Need advise

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out
So, I drive by this house, located on 235 south of the base, every day where I see this dog tied-up approximately 500 ft. away from the house. The dog is always there 24/7/365, rain, snow, sleet, hail, tornadoes, blizzard, whatever, the dog is always there. The only water source I see for this dog is a large barrel type container that, of course, is frozen solid. There are no food bowls, but occasionally, I do see a pot sitting by his dog house, so I assume they are feeding him leftovers. Because it kills me to drive by this every day and not do something, I have begun to fix warm meals for him which I deliver under the cover of night. Let me tell you, this is the sweetest most playful dog; I'm amazed that his spirit has not been broken! If I were in the position, I would take him in a minute, but right now I just can't. Here is my question. Who should I call concerning this? I don't feel bad about anyone taking this dog, because he is NOT a pet to these people; he is more like a lawn ornament, but on the other hand, I don't want to call animal control only to have him taken away and put-down. Is there some sort of underground group that helps out in these situations??

I think i know the house and dog you speak of.... it breaks my heart also.

luvmygdaughters

So, I drive by this house, located on 235 south of the base, every day where I see this dog tied-up approximately 500 ft. away from the house. The dog is always there 24/7/365, rain, snow, sleet, hail, tornadoes, blizzard, whatever, the dog is always there. The only water source I see for this dog is a large barrel type container that, of course, is frozen solid. There are no food bowls, but occasionally, I do see a pot sitting by his dog house, so I assume they are feeding him leftovers. Because it kills me to drive by this every day and not do something, I have begun to fix warm meals for him which I deliver under the cover of night. Let me tell you, this is the sweetest most playful dog; I'm amazed that his spirit has not been broken! If I were in the position, I would take him in a minute, but right now I just can't. Here is my question. Who should I call concerning this? I don't feel bad about anyone taking this dog, because he is NOT a pet to these people; he is more like a lawn ornament, but on the other hand, I don't want to call animal control only to have him taken away and put-down. Is there some sort of underground group that helps out in these situations??
I'll say it again. Why in the hell do people get dogs just to chain them up and leave them outside. :cds: I wish I knew someone you could call besides Animal Control, but I don't. As cold as its been, the poor thing should be allowed in the house.

aubriana

I'll say it again. Why in the hell do people get dogs just to chain them up and leave them outside. :cds: I wish I knew someone you could call besides Animal Control, but I don't. As cold as its been, the poor thing should be allowed in the house.

I'm especially concerned with the pending ice storm.

checkingthenews

C'mon...Smile!
The best you can maybe hope for is go knock at their door and suggest bringing the dog in, or even ask if they would give the dog to you. Take them blankets and such if you do, hopefully they'll get it but VERY doubtful. They should be shamed for not taking care of their dog.

aubriana

The best you can maybe hope for is go knock at their door and suggest bringing the dog in, or even ask if they would give the dog to you. Take them blankets and such if you do, hopefully they'll get it but VERY doubtful. They should be shamed for not taking care of their dog.

I've already taken blankets and put them in his house. I am very reluctant about approaching these people; if you saw their house you would understand.

garyt27

INAFJ
You should call Animal Control immediately, The dog would be taken care of and maybe adopted, they prolly wouldn't take it the first time anyway, they will try to make the owners aware of the situation. If they do take him it would be better than freezing to death.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Aubriana, if you came onto my property and fooled with my dog, I would beat your ass in public. If you came sneaking up "under cover of the night", I would shoot you.

I think Aubriana should be arrested for the numerous crimes she has admitted to in this post.

Where is a cop when you need one?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
You know what I would love to see? Some busybody sneaking up to a chained up dog, and the dog mauls them and eats their face off. That thread would get 5 stars from me and a #### ton of likes.

garyt27

INAFJ
You know what I would love to see? Some busybody sneaking up to a chained up dog, and the dog mauls them and eats their face off. That thread would get 5 stars from me and a #### ton of likes.

You might rethink this if it happened to a lil' kid.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
You might rethink this if it happened to a lil' kid.

Doubtful. People shouldn't allow their little kids to go sneaking around other peoples' homes and fooling with their dogs. In fact most of us teach our children not to approach strange animals. Apparently some adults need a refresher.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Why all the hating???

Because you're a criminal. What I should do is call the Sheriff's Dept and make them aware that there is someone on our forums who openly admits to sneaking around peoples' homes at night and tampering with their property.

garyt27

INAFJ
Doubtful. People shouldn't allow their little kids to go sneaking around other peoples' homes and fooling with their dogs. In fact most of us teach our children not to approach strange animals. Apparently some adults need a refresher.

So, curiousity killed the kid.
And no remorse.

garyt27

INAFJ
Because you're a criminal. What I should do is call the Sheriff's Dept and make them aware that there is someone on our forums who openly admits to sneaking around peoples' homes at night and tampering with their property.

First you want the OP to mind her own business, then you are in her business.
Come on man.

Hank

my war

snitches get stitches