"Construction" noise in Town Creek?

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
I don't live there, but I'm guessing that yesterday, the construction noise was drowned out frequently by the F-35 overflights. :lol:

glhs837

Power with Control
Hmmmm, what does the Google say......

SMECO Newsletter

Phase Two of the Reliability Project consists of the section of line that goes from the Sollers Wharf station south to Solomons and the Navy Recreation Center, under the Patuxent River to Town Creek in St. Mary’s County, and to the Hewitt Road switching station in Lexington Park. SMECO has already begun to construct temporary access roads in southern Calvert County. SMECO is scheduled to complete setting poles in Calvert County in January 2014 and stringing conductor in March. In St. Mary’s County, we will begin constructing access roads for the overhead line in November. We will begin to set poles in January 2014, and we will string conductor beginning in April. The overhead construction of Phase Two is scheduled to be complete in July 2014.

We will be working 12-hour days, six days a week to complete the process of running the new line under the river. SMECO has been communicating with residents in the Town Creek area and with personnel at the Navy Recreation Center about the type of construction that will take place and how we will reduce the impact of the construction noise by using plywood barriers and fencing with acoustical fabric. Construction of these barriers has begun.

MarieB

The noise sounded like it was coming from 235, more in the direction of Chipotle, but I could be wrong.

Anyway, I didn't think SMECO was doing overnight work

The noise sounded like it was coming from 235, more in the direction of Chipotle, but I could be wrong.

Anyway, I didn't think SMECO was doing overnight work

It's not actually SMECO for the most part. Must have been something else.